012.

A dreadful sea

The rumors were true

The rumors were true. This sea was messing with the minds of the crew, and they all could hardly sleep.
The next morning, the Dawn Treader came across land. A few small row boat set out for the land.
"I doubt the lords stopped here, my liege." Reepicheep sighed. "There's no sign of anything living."
"Right, well, once we get to shore take your men and search for food and water." Caspian called back. "The four of us will look for clues." He motioned to the Pevensie siblings.
"Hang on, you mean the five of us." Eustace butted in. Everyone turned to look at him. "Come on, please don't send me back to the rat." The boy pleaded.
"I heard that." Reepicheep growled.
"Big ears." Eustace mumbled.
"I hear that too." Reep repeated.
Caspian and the Pevensies chuckled at their encounter.

Once on shore, the crew began unloading all the things they had brought along.
Eustace watched from behind some rocks when a loud rumbling was hear behind him. The boy hesitated before running for the sound.

"Look, we're not the first ones on this island." Caspian said with a smile.
"The lords?" Emma asked as she grabbed for Caspian's arm. They were hiking up a rocky incline and Emma never was the most graceful.
"Could be." Caspian said as he turned back to offer his hand.
The king then took a little pebble from the ground and tossed it into a deep hole.
"What do you think could be down there?" He asked to no one in particular.
"Let's find out." Edmund sighed.

The group used an old rope that was left tied to a rock. Edmund was first down as Caspian leveled the rope. The loud rumble continued.
Caspian was next down.

Edmund wandered around till he found a pool of water with a solid gold statue at the bottom.
"What's that?" Caspian asked as he, Lucy, and Emma caught up with the Pevensie boy.
"I don't know." Edmund admitted. "Looks like some sort of gold statue."
The boy then ripped a stick from the wall of rocks and dipped it into the water. Immediately the stick turned into solid gold and Edmund yelled before dropping it into the water.
"Are you okay?" Emma asked frantically, making sure her brother didn't fall into the damned pool. Edmund nodded and the rest of the group shared a glance.
"He must have fallen in." Caspian sighed as he squatted near the statue.
"Poor man." Lucy piped in.
"You mean 'Poor Lord'." Edmund concluded.
"The crest of Lord Restimar." Emma said as she examined a shield.
"And his sword." Caspian pointed out. "We need it."

An eerie whisper began to arise and the green mist flowed under the water.

Edmund drew his sword and stepped forward.
"Be careful." Lucy told her brother.
Edmund dipped his sword into the water and hooked it under the hilt of the fallen one.
"Your sword hasn't turned to gold." Lucy pointed out confused.
"Both the swords are magical." Emma chuckled nervously.
"Here." Caspian said as Edmund moved the two swords toward the man.
"He mustn't have know what hit him." Lucy peered back into the water.
"Maybe," Edmund nodded and he set down his sword. "Or maybe he was onto something."
Caspian sent Edmund an odd look. "What are you talking about?"
Edmund picked up a sea shell from the ground and dipped it into the water, quickly bringing it up and dropping it on the ground.
Emma and Lucy shared a look and backed up a step.
Once the shell was fully gold, Edmund picked it up and airily chuckled.
"What are you staring at?" Lucy asked her brother.
"Whoever has access to this pool," Edmund began not looking at either of his sisters. "Could be the most powerful person in the world."
Caspian glanced at Emma, who shared the look. The eldest Pevensie pushed her sister behind her slightly.
"Emma, Lucy, we'd be so rich." Edmund said as he finally looked at them. "No one could tell us what to do. Or who to live with."