019.

The last battle

"Edmund." The White Witch whispered. The Pevensie boy looked around. "What are you trying to prove, Edmund?" She teased him. "That you're a man?"

Eustace frantically swatted at the mist, trying his hardest to get up and throw the sword into the pile. The swords on the table continued to clatter.

It was like everything was in slo motion, the crew was shouting and pulling at the harpoons, the serpent was screeching, the rain was pattering in heavy clumps. But Edmund didn't seem to mind. He was transfixed on the White Witch that was formed from the green mist.
"I can make you king." She told him. "I can make you that. I can make you my king." Edmund just stared at her. Tears filling his eyes. "Just take my hand."
Something ripped from the deck, pushing the harpoon crew down. The serpent straightness himself causing more of the men to fall. Emma screamed up to her brother.

Eustace slashed at the mist with his sword. He saw an opening that lead to the other swords. He swatted at the mist, leaning into the table and placing the sword on top of the others.

"Just give in." The Witch cooed.

The mist faded and swords all clattered together. Eustace backed up, watching the table carefully.
A sharp blue light cut through the air, rising to the sky.

Edmunds sword shone a bright vibrant blue. The Witch looked at it taken aback.

The swords were moving around more than they had since Eustace got there. The light blinding, it shone so bright.

"Do it, Edmund!" Emma called up to her brother.
"Do it!" Caspian encouraged.
Edmund turned away from the Witch and pointed his sword at the blind beast.
"Come on!" He yelled, gaining its attention. It dove for the boy, but he was ready.
With its mouth open and surrounding Edmund, he shoved the sword onto the top of its mouth.
"No!" The Witch shrieked as she disappeared.
The serpent began to glow a bright yellow once more, and for a finally measure, Edmund thrust the sword up again before removing it. Electricity shot through the serpent, hitting the layer of shadows around them. The monster could do nothing but shriek.
It fell limp into the water, the bolts lighting up the murky ocean.
Thunder rumbled as light broke through the barer. shining a bright light onto the ship.
The crew was gathering itself, getting up from the ground, helping those who were injured.
"The spell, it's lifting." Emma gasped as she walked to the railing.
"Edmund!" Lucy yelled to the boy who was now climbing down.
"Caspian!" Emma rushed toward the fallen man, helping him up.
"Look." Lucy finished their yelling.
They all smiled as they were finally able to see to the rest of the ocean.

The bright blue light continued to shine as the lords were awoken from their slumber.

Hundreds of boats rushed to the Dawn Treader.
"Narnians!" Caspian yelled at his cheering crew.
All the people who were taken as offerings were alive and safe.
Gael and her father rushed to the railing.
Lucy and Emma walked to them, smiled plastered on their faces.
Gael searched the boats frantically looking for her mother.
And when she saw her, well.
"Mummy!" The girl cried.
"Helaine!" Her father yelled as well.
Gael jumped into the ocean, followed quickly by her father as they saw to their loved one.
Edmund walked to Lucy and Emma with a smile on his face. He pulled them both into a hug.
"Rhince! Gael!" Helaine yelled as she saw them approaching.
"Mummy!" Gael yelled again.
The Pevensie's just smiled, watching their new friends encounter.
Helaine grabbed her daughters hand, pulling her hand to give her a large hug. It had been days, weeks even, since they saw each other. Helaine never thought she'd see her family again, but here they were, alive and well.
Lucy chuckled and rested her head on Edmunds shoulder. Emma ruffled her brothers wet hair.
"Alright," Caspian began. "Let's help them on board!"
"Clear the decks!" Drinian ordered.
He walked to the Pevensies, squeezing Lucy's shoulder.
"We did it." Lucy smiled.
"Indeed we did." Emma smiled, looking at Caspian. The man couldn't help himself, he wrapped his arms around Emma's waist and held her up. Kissing all over her face.
"Caspian." Emma laughed. "Caspian! There are people watching." She said quietly. Suddenly very aware of the crew and missing Narnians.
"I don't care. I just want to kiss you." The king said between kisses.
Edmund and Lucy cleared their throats, looking very awkwardly around. Caspian then realized what Emma was saying as he slowly set her down.
"I knew we would win." Lucy continued.
"It wasn't just us though." Edmund pointed out.
"You mean-" Caspian began.
"Hey!" Eustace called from the water. "Hey! I'm down here! Lucy! Emma! Over here!" There was a big :) spread across the boys face. "I'm over here, in the water! Hey, guys!"
"Eustace!" Emma smiled in shock.
"I'm a boy again! I'm a boy!" Eustace called to them.
"Eustace! I see you wings have been clipped!" Reepicheep said from next to Emma's feet. He then jumped into the water.
"Reep!" Emma gasped with a laugh. Caspian placed his hand on the small of her back, just to make sure she didn't go overboard.
Eustace smiled brightly at his mouse friend.
"Where the sky and water meet," Reepicheep began to sing. The Pevensies and Caspian all chuckled. "Where the waves grow ever sweet," The mouse then cupped some water into him mouth, Eustace following suit. "It is sweet. It's sweet!" Reepicheep cheered.
"Look! Look!" Reepicheep yelled as he rested on Eustace's shoulder.
There, across the water, was a giant wave, and flowers littering the ocean. Lucy and Emma's smiles faltered as Edmund glanced at Caspian.
"Aslan's country." Caspian confirmed. "We must be close."
"Well, we've come this far." Edmund smiled.

a/n: short chapter, so sorry. i believe the next one will be the last :(