020.

The end of the world

Caspian, Edmund, Emma, Lucy, Eustace, and Reepicheep set out for Aslan's country

The water didn't even look like the ocean anymore. There were so many white flowers just floating around.
"So what was it like when Aslan changed you back?" Edmund asked his cousin.
"No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't do it myself." The boy began. "Then he came towards me. It sort of hurt, but it was a good pain. You know, like when you pull a thorn from your foot. Being a dragon wasn't all bad. I mean, I think I was a better dragon than I was a boy, really." Eustace glanced back at Emma and Lucy. "I'm sos sorry for being such a sop."
Caspian and Edmund were rowing, Reepicheep sat on his lords shoulder.
"It's okay Eustace." Edmund said. "You are a pretty good dragon." They both smiled at him.
"My friends, we have arrived." Reep said from the front of the boat. Emma sighed, she knew what was coming.
There was a large wave, just sitting there, never touching the ground. The group jumped from the boat and walked towards the wave.
Walking behind them, was Aslan. Eustace spotted him first.
"Aslan." He acknowledged. The Pevensie's and Caspian turned quickly.
"Welcome, children. You have done well." Aslan said to them. "Very well indeed. You have come far, and now your journey is at its end."
"Is this your country?" Lucy asked with a smile.
"No, my country lies beyond." Aslan looked over.
"Is my father in your country?" Caspian asked sorrowfully.
"You can only find that out for yourself, my son." Aslan said. "But you should know that if you continue, there is no return."
Caspian began walking forward. Emma had to hold back a sob.
The man let his hand slip into the water. He felt it's cool sensation on his fingers. He then, just as quickly, withdrew his hand. He turned back around, tears in his eyes.
"You're not going?" Edmund asked.
"I can't image my father would be ver proud that i gave up what he died for." Caspian explained. "I've spent too long wanting what was taken from me and not what was given. I was given a kingdom. A people." Caspian walked to Aslan. "I promise to be a better king."
"You already are." Aslan told him. "Children," He turned back to the Pevensie's and Scrubb.
"I think it's time we went home, actually, Lu." Edmund said.
"But I thought you love it here." Lucy asked.
"I do." Edmund told her. "But I love home and our family as well. They need us."
Reepicheep cleared his throat.
"Your Eminence, ever since I can remember, I have dreamed of seeing your country." He explained. "And I've had many great adventures in this world, but nothing has dampened that yearning. I know I am hardly worthy but, with your permission, I would lay down my sword for the joy of seeing your country with my own eyes."
Eustace and Emma were in tears.
"My country was made for noble hearts such as yours, no matter how small their beaters are." Aslan told him.
"Your majesty." Reep bowed.
"No one could be more deserving." Caspian complemented.
"Well-" Reepicheep began.
"It's true." Edmund piped in. Bowing to the mouse. The creature bowed back.
Lucy and Emma were in tears looking at their friend. They walked forward and kneeled down.
"May we?" Lucy asked with a chuckle.
"Well, I suppose. Just this-oh!" He agreed. The girls scooped him up in the arms.
"Goodbye Lucy, goodbye Emma." He hugged them back. They then stood and backed up. Eustace walked forward.
"Don't cry." Reep said.
"I don't understand." Eustace chuckled. "Will I not see you again? Ever?"
"What a magnificent puzzle you are," Reep sighed. "And a true hero. It has been my honor to fight beside such a brave warrior and a great friend." The mouse then bowed again.
He scurried off to a small boat that had appeared by the water.
"I won't be needing this." He said as he unsheathed his sword and stuck it into the sand. He pushed the boat into the water and began to paddle.
The group watched as he went up and other the wave.
Emma walked to Eustace and engulfed him into a hug as they watched their noble hearted friend drift away.