Chapter 2

Trigger warning.
*~*~*~*~*~*
"Where have you been?"

'Shit.'

Your father approached you, coming to a stop in front of you and looked down, the anger and irritation clear in his eyes.

"Well I don't exactly know if you cared or not, but I was out. With a friend."

A loud sound resounded, and a second later, it hit you like a ton of bricks. Literally.

You felt your cheek on fire and placed a cold hand on it, immediately cooling it off.

"I don't need your sarcasm. Where were you?" You let out a sigh.

"I was out with a friend. There. Happy?"

Probably not, but it would have to do for now.

"If you'll excuse me, I'll be on my way to bed now."

You walked around him and went up the stairs to your bedroom. You were so fed up with him. With everyone. Why was it always like this? There was no reason you had to feel like this alone.

You could feel your eyes well up with tears and you reached under your pillow. Your hand searched blindly since you didn't bother turning the lights on when you came in. You finally grasped what you were looking for when you were distracted from your thoughts.

Buzz buzz.

'Who would text at such a late hour...?' With a sigh you put the blade back under your pillow and retrieved your phone from the pocket of your hoodie.

You looked down at your phone, smiling a bit as you read the text that appeared on the screen.

 Zack.

You unlocked your phone and opened the text, now continuing the earlier confusion. 'What would he want at such a late hour?'

"Hey (Y/N), sorry I sent this so late. Did you get home okay?"

You chuckled a bit under your breath and replied to his message.

"Yeah I'm fine. Thanks. You get home alright?"

You pressed send and waited for a reply. Your thoughts trailed back to what you were about to do and thought 'Hm. He saved my ass, didn't he?' and smiled for the umpteenth time that day. As if on cue, your phone buzzed.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's pretty late. We should get some rest. Goodnight :)"

"Goodnight."

You locked your phone with a small sigh and placed it on your desk.

Today was an okay day.
*~*~*~*~*~*
There we are for chapter 2! I'm pretty happy with it, if I do say so myself. This one seems too short, but I like it. Anyways, thanks for reading! Comments are appreciated. Until chapter 3! (♡˙︶˙♡)