Chapter 3

You woke up the next morning dreading the thought of going to school. Turning off the alarm on your bedside table, you desperately wanted to roll over and continue sleeping. Instead, however, you forced yourself out of bed, grabbing your towel, and heading to the bathroom.

~*~*~*~*

You were fully dressed and eating breakfast at the table, your father reading the newspaper and your mother checking her phone. After a couple minutes, you finished your breakfast, washed your dishes, and grabbed your backpack and headed out the door. You walked to the bus stop and waited, busying yourself with untangling your earbuds. Right before you finished, however, the bus came. With a quiet sigh, you put everything back into your pocket and got on the bus. You walked to your seat and sat down, getting your phone out once again. You had untangled your earbuds and before placing them in your ears you heard the two girls in front of you.

"Wow, what a loser. No wonder she doesn't have friends."

"Sucks."

You had heard it all before, the same things from the same type of people. It no longer fazed you. Chuckling to yourself and whispering "hoe", you put your earbuds in. Looks like one of the girls in front heard you this time. She whipped her head around.

"What did you say, you filthy rat?"

You giggled at the name.

"Nah. Nothing."

"Whatever."

~*~*~*~*

Classes were finally over and you got back on the bus. 'Maybe I should talk to Zack.' You pulled out your phone and scrolled to the bottom of your contacts before finding Zack's number, selecting his contact and sending him a message.

'Just got out of class, what's up?'  You pressed send and waited quietly, earbuds already in.

A couple minutes later you got a reply.

"Hey! How was your day?"

You smiled but heard the girls in front of you.

"It makes me sick to see her smiling like that."

"Yeah... Wait. Don't tell me that she got a boyfriend. Or even more, that she actually has friends."

Choosing to ignore them, you reply to Zack.

'Same old, same old. Fake bitches/my bullies, name-calling, and glares.'

Your smile faded when you realized what you had written. You got a reply almost instantly.

'What! That's horrible! You should 100% come to my school.'  You could feel the concern in his message.

'I wish. Depends on where you go.'

'Kisaragi Academy. You?' *

'Byakudan Senior High School. I wanna transfer.'

'Damn! That sucks.. Well I gotta go. Meet you at the park at 8?'

'Yeah. Bye.'

Your heart fluttered a bit. What was this feeling you felt? You put it off for the moment, concentrating once more on your music.

~*~*~*~*

You had just finished your homework and looked at the clock. 7:45. 'Holy shit, I need to get going!'  You applied a bit of lipstick and changed into a black shirt and jeans, putting your shoes on and grabbing your hoodie before walking out the door.

Surprisingly, you got there at 8:00 sharp. However, Zack wasn't there. 'Maybe he's just running late, or something came up..' You were a bit nervous about being outside alone, but didn't let it get to you too much.

8:05, you looked around and saw Zack rounding the corner, the streetlight lighting up his face as he smiled at you.

Zack blushed as he thought about his next actions, but went through with them anyway. He did like you, after all.

Instead of greeting you with another friendly wave, he greeted you with a nice hug.

"Hey, how's it going?"

"Good, I guess. Just making a quick stop."

"Oh?"

"I came to give you these."

He handed you a couple sheets of paper labeled "Kisaragi Academy".

"In case you're actually thinking about enrolling."

"Oh. Thanks!" You smiled warmly at him.

"Yeah, no problem.. I told my mom I'd be home soon, so I should get going."

"Okay. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

You both parted ways and you walked home, looking down at the papers in your hand.

~*~*~*~*

You opened the door to hear your parents arguing again. Nothing new.

It finally died down and your mother approached you.

"(Y/n), you're going to Kisaragi Academy in two days."

~*~*~*~*
*wow it's been a long time since I've been here. I think I starred that bc it's a Corpse Party reference but I don't remember anymore oops

That's it for chapter 3! (♡˙︶˙♡) Until chapter 4!