Confrontation

"H-Heather..."

"...Wade"

We just stood there in silence. I finally let go of Olga's hand, walking closer to Wade to the point where i stood right in front of him. I took a clear look of him up and down without his mask, and i wasn't wrong when i said that he was handsome. The years have done him justice. I guess he worked hard to finally achieve his dream physique. Despite the athletic body, the moment i looked at his eyes, my heart felt different things. I still recognized that gaze he always gave when he looked at me, a gaze that lets me know that he longed for me. People always say that the eyes never lie, but how can i believe that? He always looked at me like this, but he still cheated on me after everything i've done and given to him. Soon, i felt tears just pouring down my cheeks uncontrollably.

"Heather, w-why are you crying..?" Wade asked with wide eyes. I knew he was worried about me, but i didn't know why i cried either. It just rained down, making my vision blurry.

"I-I'm not crying..."

Perhaps it was the little part inside of me that still wanted him after all these years. Maybe i still loved him, despite the things that have happened between us. These years have been hard, and i'm sure that if i didn't have anymore feelings left for Wade, i wouldn't be much of a complete mess like i was now. A part of me was glad and happy to finally meet Wade again, like i've been longing for him to just show up in my life and sweep me away with his white horse. But i wanted so damn much to just spit out every single profanity i can. It was just unbearable anymore.

"Why did you do that, huh?! Why did you sleep with a bitch you just met a few hours to jeopardize our relationship that was a lot longer?! A-Am i that worthless to you?!"

I started screaming at him, my tears falling down even more. I wasn't a person who likes to openly express my feelings but i surely was opening myself so damn much that i was just so emotionally vulnerable.

"I didn't do it! I swear!" he replied.

"BULLSHIT! You've cheated on me once and you admitted it, so what's wrong with a second bitch, right?!"

"Then if you remember that, don't you think i would admit my mistake too if i actually did sleep with that slut?!"

"Oh, i don't know, i'm not a fucking mind reader! Maybe you don't want to admit it cause you know how bad you fucked up since you fucked her all night!"

"I SWEAR TO GOD I DIDN'T DO IT, HEATHER! I didn't even touch her! Is that how low you think of me..?"

I scoffed while looking away. How dare he say that i think of him lowly when he was the one who always pushed the limits of my patience.

"Funny how you say that when you were the one who kept on proving me over and over why i shouldn't trust you! I should've listened to Liz. You really were bad news"

"What else did i do?!"

"See, you're too fucking blind to look at your own damn mistakes! Did you fucking forget that you kept A LOT of that whore's pics? And explicit ones too! Just fuck off, Wade"

"What the- I don't know how it got there, Heather! It wasn't me! I didn't know who put it in my phone, but it really wasn't me!"

"Fine, answer me this, at the ball, you said that you were still in love with a girl from years ago which i assume is me, then why the fuck didn't you try to explain this shit years before, huh? WHY DID YOU SHOW UP NOW?! DO YOU HATE ME THIS MUCH THAT YOU DON'T WANT ME TO LIVE IN PEACE?! If you wanted to ghost me, then be consistent, motherfucker!"

Wade looked away in shame while i was busy fuming. Olga stood quietly behind me, holding my waist. His touch was the only thing left holding me back from losing my sanity. I was already in my last line of defense. Wade then looked at me, clearly frustrated.

"Do you think i want this to happen?! I've been hurting so damn much, Heather! I've tried to have one night stands with sluts over and over just to forget about you, but the moment i brought them to my room, i immediately thought of you, and in the end i just kicked them out! Did you think i actually coped with this feeling of guilt i had for you?!"

I gasped and grew angrier. Did he just say feeling of guilt? So he really didn't face me because he still loved me, it was only because he felt guilty and wanted to live as a free man with no regrets. I had no control over my thoughts anymore as i slapped Wade real hard in the face, leaving a red hand mark. I was heavily breathing, my eyes damn blurry with the tears that were flowing nonstop.

"HOW DARE YOU SAY YOU SUFFERED?! You hurt me, Wade, YOU hurt ME! You were the one who did this to us, it was YOUR goddamn fault! If you want to talk about suffering, i suffered more than you did, asshole! I always drink myself until i pass out, shutting people out every time the depression kicks in! I ALWAYS end up almost getting raped, but Olga was always there for me. Where were you, huh? Ghosting me like i was the one at fault! Oh, and did you know, i almost tried to kill myself by jumping from the balcony of my apartment! I guess you'd be happy if i actually made the jump and just vanish , right?! RIGHT?!"

I started laughing like a mad woman. I wasn't laughing because anything was funny, i was laughing because i couldn't contain myself any longer. I was laughing at myself and this situation. Olga grew worried real quick while Wade looked at me in disbelief.

"Y-You...almost jumped..?"

"Yeah, too bad i didn't!"

All the color drained out from his face, making it pale. I finally snapped back to reality and sighed, done with all of this bullshit.

"Get out! I'm done talking to you"

"But Heather, I-"

"GET OUT!"

I screamed at the top of my lungs, desperate to see him get the fuck away from me. He was taken aback by this, but decided to stay quiet and immediately head out. Olga hugged me, trying to calm me down. I didn't realize that my body was already trembling so damn much. In the end, i sobbed so hard at Olga's chest, letting out all of my pent up frustrations. As soon as i was done, i head back to bed and slept again. Confronting Wade drained all of my energy, and i sure as hell didn't want to get sick, so sleep it is.

Olga's POV

The scene i saw in front of me was damn intense. Even though i wasn't in on their conversation, i was also furious and sad for both Wade and Heather. Heather only wanted Wade to be the one for her, but at the same time, she knew that he fucked up to the point of no return. I sighed as i peeked at a sleeping Heather. I then decided to clean the dining table when i saw a written note left under Wade's plate.

0843xxxxx

Call me if you need me

- Wade

I saved the number on my phone before throwing the note away. I may not be able to predict the future, but i knew that i will need this number sooner or later. For now, i think it's best if he and Heather cool off and reflect on everything before confronting each other again, hopefully in a better light than before.