15 Minutes

"Changed your colors so fast
Tried to turn my friends into friends of the past
Always puttin' you first, could've been your future
But you didn't even care about me like that."
15 Minutes; Demi Lovato

-

"Mum, do you want to turn on the TV?" Gina Schumacher called after mum, who was finishing the dinner in the kitchen. Finally, the family was reunited now that Corinna's daughter returned home after finishing her reining competition abroad. What racing was for Mick, was horse riding for Gina. Siblings never failed to support each other in their successful career.

"Yes please, Gina," Corinna called back, and Gina grabbed the remote control lying on the edge of the couch right next to her, "thank you, liebling." 

"Guess what? I saw Genevieve today," she spoke out of the blue while turning her head to her brother. The breath hitched in his throat upon hearing the name of the girl he once loved but the only thing he got back was broken heart.

"What? Like here? In town?" Mick stammered out and nervously shifted on the couch. He had known Genevieve since childhood and even used to call her his girlfriend for over a year. Until he found out she loved the benefits of his famous surname more than him as a person. He didn't see it at first, being too enamored to see her true intentions. Rose-colored glasses can be a real bitch. He had known her since their were kids, the thought of her taking advantage of him never crossed his mind. He never thought she could be capable of such betrayal. But as time went by, more proof started to surface, showing all the shades of her true colors. It was heartbreaking and gut-wrenching for Mick to find out someone he had feelings for was not what they pretended to be. Genevieve he created in his head was not the same Genevieve that used to lay next to him.

"Yes, it was her, for sure, " Gina shrugged, "but you said that you sorted your relationship out so we have nothing to worry about, do we?" Gina shot a look towards her brother who just nodded with a hesitation. Genevieve didn't want to break-up, of course she didn't. Who would want to give up the best things once you have it? Mick decided to terminate their relationship, wanting to part ways in a calm diplomatic way between four eyes, hoping that Genevieve would be reasonable.

"And now an update only a few minutes old-"

"Wait, keep it there, please," Mick quickly spoke up when the picture of Hestia Schmidt popped on the screen, "just for a second." He would lie if he said he hadn't thought about her almost every day. He could sense a connection to her, he was no stranger to the pressure of being a child of a famous parent. She must have been so unhappy and in so much pain to let it get this far. People don't understand that what they see online is only a tiny fidgment of reality, and sometimes not even that. There can be a person with a bubbly personality with their career picking up, but in private, they might be crying themselves to sleep every night just to fake another smile.

Even though he wouldn't want to admit it, Mick looked Hestia up on the internet while he was waiting for some updates on her current condition. He was surprised to see how many articles were written about her online. As if her life was an open book, available for anyone to look inside and now everything, "Since when are you interested in this kind of news?" Gina asked with a chuckle, surprised by his brother's taste in TV programs. Mick didn't answer as he was way too invested in the story of a certain actress with a gorgeous face, "you never fail to amaze me, brother."