Growing Pains

"Make my way through the motions, I try to ignore it
But home's looking farther the closer I get
Don't know why I can't see the end
Is it over yet?"
Growing Pains; Alessia Cara

-

"Samael, don't fucking touch me, you piece of shit," Hestia grunted when she felt someone patting her cheeks gently to wake her up. Everything became hasty after drink number three; events happening afterward were unknown to Hestia as she passed out.

"I have no idea who Samael is, but I am definitely not him," Hestia slightly opened her eyes, and despite the darkness, she could see Mick towering over her. She blinked a few times to make sure she wasn't hallucinating. Then, suddenly, she remembered the call, her heart fluttering slightly. He didn't lie about his promise.

"You came," she muttered while rubbing her eyes to get them used to seeing again.

"You called me, of course I came," Mick answered like it was nothing. Hestia looked up at him silently, her brain working significantly slower than on a regular basis.

"Right. Sure, that is what people are actually supposed do, I guess," she laughed sheepishly and tried to stand up, but Mick had to help her.

"I'm going to take you home," Mick announced as he wrapped his hand around her waist. Despite being intoxicated, Hestia couldn't ignore the weirdly tingling feeling building up in her stomach when Mick's fingers lingered over her.

"Alright, I'm just gonna take-"

"No, absolutely not," Mick disagreed and pulled Hestia closer to himself when she was just about to bend down to grab her unfinished drinks. A slight blush crept on Hestia's cheeks; however, it was difficult to tell whether or not it was because of the sudden closeness.

"But-"

"No," Mick said firmly, and Hestia looked up at him with pursed lips, an uncomfortable tension bubbling between them. A second before, she was about to kiss his feet for being her savior, but now she was in the mood to smash his skull wide open and watch him slowly and painfully bleed out.

"Why?"

"You are joking, right?" Hestia tore her gaze away while chewing on the inside of her cheek. She was craving the alcohol just like the beast craved the taste of fresh blood. She was hungry, and hungry animals know no boundaries.

"Do you have an idea how expensive beer is?" Hestia asked sourly, giving one last look to the bottles sitting in the grass like poor orphans. Hestia felt like abandoning her own children, it was tearing her heart to pieces.

"No. And frankly, I don't care."

"Of course, you don't," Hestia pulled away from him so she no longer was in his embrace, "why would Mr. Perfect in every single way even know that, right?" She spat back while crossing her arms over her chest. Mick was looking at her with his eyes being wide, he couldn't understand who was this person in front of him, "Tell me," Hestia paused for a brief moment, making Mick dread her following sentence, "are you a virgin?"

"I'm not having this conversation with you," Mick blurted out, surprising himself that he was able to speak despite the shock Hestia's words caused him, "especially not now," he couldn't understand how did she come up with this sort of question, neither why it was so crucial to her.

"So you are," Hestia chuckled, she seemed like a completely different person. Unbothered, mean, brutally honest, only interested in getting another drink. It was impossible not to feel hurt or offended. Yet Mick couldn't leave her in the middle of nowhere and go home, no matter how awful she was to him, "not a surprise. If you ever need-"