New Me

"I have found me
and the whole world in myself,
won't be found by someone else.
I'm a new me,
gettin' stronger day by day,
I will never be the same."
New Me; Tereza Mašková

-

After weeks and weeks of hesitation, Hestia finally found her way to the hairdresser. She had been flirting with the idea of a new brave and bold hairstyle since her arrival to Gland, yet something was keeping her back. However, that little devilish voice inside kept pushing her to a complete makeover as a mark of her possible new beginnings. She was loud and persistent, and in the end, she won.

Hestia timidly looked around the pocket-sized saloon that looked vacant except for the furniture and soft music blasting in the background. It was her first time in the hairdresser's because until now, she put her hair in Zara's hands only. She was no stranger to hair colors and different hairstyles. She loved to experience not only on herself but also on Nina. Yet they never convinced Hestia to give it a try too. She feared the consequences she would have to face from her team if she broke the good girl code. But now, they could sincerely go screw themselves. It was only hair, after all.

"Hi, I want to get my hair cut," she said to a woman who had just come from a different room. Her hair portrayed the whole specter of the rainbow, indicating that she was the boss here. Hestia only heard her voice when she was making the appointment via phone, a thing people normally do when they want to get a fresh cut, "I made an appointment a few weeks ago."

"Of course! Your name is," she paused as she was looking through her giant diary, "Hestia, right?"

"That is indeed right," she answered while nervously rubbing her palms against each other. She couldn't tell why she was nervous, it was only a hairdresser's appointment, plain and simple. No audition for a role, no doctor's visit, no interview. Nothing that should unnecessarily stretch out tired nerves.

"Please, go have a seat," the woman pointed at a hairdressing chair in a shade of deep blue, "I'm Mélissa, by the way," she quickly outstretched her hand to Hestia, who shook it with a slight hesitation, "wow, you have some amazing hair," Mélissa exclaimed in excitement as she briefly ran her hands through Hestia's brown hair that flowed almost to her bum, "really, those are the most beautiful hair I've ever seen in my life," she complimented Hestia's mane, but the girl knew exactly what was coming next, "so," Mélissa continued as she moved the hair to the front so Hestia could see them properly, "how much are we thinking? About this?" Mélissa pointed barely five centimeters up from the tips.

"More."

"Sure. What about this?" Mélissa moved about two more centimeters higher.

"More."

"Oh, ok. Like this?"

"Don't be scared, more," Hestia answered firmly, she didn't come here to only trim her tips. If she was, she would do it at home in a company of DIY videos, because this couldn't be a rocket science.

"We are entering a dangerous zone, Hestia," Mélissa noted with her heavy French accent as she was now on the level with Hestia's breasts, "this much?"

"Add more."

"Can you tell me what your vision is then?" Mélissa let out a sigh and moved away a bit, looking at Hestia through the mirror, "how much do you want it to be cut?"

"About here," Hestia put her hand on a place slightly under her shoulders, and Mélissa's eyes went wide upon that frightful sight, "and I want to go blonde."

"Pardon?"

"I want to dye my hair blonde," Hestia patiently repeated her request, a pocket-sized smile filled with mischievousness playing upon her lips.