Happier

"And do you tell her she's the most beautiful girl you've ever seen?
An eternal love bullshit you know you'll never mean
Remember when I believed you meant it when you said it first to me?"
happier; Olivia Rodrigo

-

Genevieve observed from afar how a blonde woman entered the local supermarket. Thanks to her profound research, she was sure this was her new enemy number one: Hestia Schmidt. The other woman, the main obstacle between her and Mick. If her plan was to work, she needed to get rid of her. How? She couldn't answer that yet.

Genevieve waited a while before walking into the shop as well. All of her friends told her to give up. It had been months, people are usually over it at that time. They were tired of hearing about him, and Genevieve felt a bit sorry for them. But they didn't know Mick the way she did. Not only was he from a great family, but he was also the kindest soul. She couldn't let him go, he was her knight in shining armor. Genevieve couldn't bear the idea of losing, especially to HER. A spoiled diva who only needed to point at something, and it was automatically hers.

She saw them last night when she happened to pass by her window. Not on purpose, but she saw with her own eyes things she didn't believe at first. She thought it was only Gina's tactic to ward her off, but Hestia really had him wrapped around her finger. He seemed happy, happier than he was with her, and that hurt Genevieve's selfish soul. Judging by the way he was looking at her, laughing at her jokes, holding her...she was giving him butterflies of such an amount that he could run a zoo.

Hestia picked a plastic bag to put the rolls in, unaware of her spectator. Genevieve was picking her rival in love apart while pretending to be deciding what kind of cheese she should buy. No wonder he forgot about her, no wonder he moved on so easily. She was an ordinary girl while this Hestia was a prom queen, much more exciting to look at. Genevieve watched her joke with one of the neighbors as if she had been living here since birth. She seemed kind, sweet, and insanely pretty.

Even though Genevieve cut her down to the smallest pieces in her mind, she came up with only one conclusion: Hestia Schmidt was everything she was insecure about. Not a great medicine for a wretched heart burnt by the sunlight of the past. How was she to get Mick back if the blonde girl, who showed up here out of nowhere, was making her doubt? No, if she wanted to win, she couldn't play by the rules. She needed to find her Achilles heel and send an arrow right through the flesh.

"Excuse me, are you Hestia Schmidt?" Genevieve approached Hestia, startling her a bit. She looked at the unknown woman with wide eyes. This time, the panic in her system was not reasonless. Was her anxiously guarded secret no more? Was this an accident, or someone sent her as a way of pitiless revenge? Before Hestia could say anything, the woman continued chirping, "oh my god, you are! I'm a huge fan of yours, I love your movies!" The second Genevieve said it, Hestia knew this was a set-up. A fan of her movies? Which movies? "Do you think I could get a photo with you?"

Hestia's hyperactive brain started producing all the possible and even impossible scenarios that would explain the situation. Her breathing turned shallower. One of the ideas suggested that this was Nina's work, but she quickly shooed it away. They had a bit of bad blood, but she would never stoop so low. If Nina wanted to commit a crime, she would be much more sophisticated, "I am so sorry, but I don't feel comfortable doing this."

The woman facing her furrowed her eyebrows, clearly disappointed by the response, "and what about an autograph?"

"No, I'm so sorry," Hestia answered politely with a kind smile although inside, she didn't feel like it. Someone was in need of hurting her, "but we can chat a bit if you want to," Genevieve didn't respond, and instead, she left.