Eat Me

"I know the part I've played before
I know the shit that I've ignored
I know the girl that you adored
She's dead, it's time to fucking mourn."
Eat Me; Demi Lovato ft. Royal & the Serpent

-

Hestia could feel the blood pulsing in her ears and temples as she was making her way to Schumacher's mansion. She wished to run to find out the truth quicker, but the choice of shoewear didn't exactly allow her that. She could see Mick's hair shining in the distance like a beacon, her heart quickened even more. Hestia didn't know it was possible, wondering what would be the final strain for the poor muscle.

Mick uttered a quick hi before leading Hestia to his room. She could only nod at Corinna, who had definitely looked at her friendlier before. This all made her even more confused, but decided not to say anything. In the room, there was Sabine, sitting on the bed with her phone in her hands, frowning. The dots started to make connections in Hestia's head, but she didn't say anything out loud just yet.

Sabine looked up at Hestia, acknowledging her presence, "I assume your publicist told you-"

"My publicist doesn't talk to me," Hestia said quickly, not daring to look at Sabine, "we have some personal...issues." The blonde raised her eyebrows but decided not to bother with the troubled relationship between Hestia and Nina.

"Well, in that case, you don't know why is the whole Internet talking about you...and him as well," she pointed at Mick quickly. Hestia's eyes went wide, silently staring at Sabine, who continued: "the 911 call made by your friend when you overdosed leaked as well as photos of you two together, looking rather intimate." Hestia's mouth opened, but not a single sound came out. The woman was too stunned to speak. The news colored her cheeks like powder. Mick sensed it and helped her sit on the edge of the bed as Hestia looked on the verge of passing out, "it's all over social media, gossip pages, you are even trending on Twitter...plus, there is already a handful of articles about your presumed love affair. I was trying to take it down but it has already spread too much."

Hestia was silent for a painfully long time, looking in front of her with empty eyes. Then, she spoke up, slowly and with a trembling voice: "can-can I be left alone? For a moment?" Sabine and Mick shared a look before leaving the room in unison. Hestia stayed in the same position as they left her, the thoughts inside of her head spinning like a whirlwind.

Then, curiosity got the best of her, and she reached for her phone. She first looked for the leaked 911 call, finding it on YouTube, publicly available for anyone to listen. Such a thing didn't surprise her. She knew the game she chose the play was ugly and twisted. What made her sick to the stomach was that anyone could hear how terrified Zara was at that particular moment. She didn't deserve any of this, she was put in such situation against her will. For what? For being a true friend? It was a disgusting invasion of privacy. Hestia couldn't make herself play it, feeling like throwing up any second.

Instead, she made a choice to call Zara. To apologize for the mess she made. It wasn't her who pushed the publish button, yet she felt responsible. She couldn't help but think of Nina. Why didn't she warn her? Why didn't she stop it? Was she behind this? Was it some sort of personal vendetta? Did Paul tell her to do it?

"Hi," Hestia started talking as soon as Zara accepted the call, "I've just found out about the call and...I'm sorry that you have to go through all of this because of me."

"Hesy, I'm sorry too because you have to live through it again," Zara spoke softly. Hestia felt as if her long arms were wrapped around her, soothing her, "this is not your fault, so don't put the blame on yourself. If there is someone who should be ashamed, it's Nina. Isn't her job to keep an eye on stuff like this?"