I Got You

I can see you hurting
I've been through the same thing
Baby, don't you worry, I got you
I just wanna know you
Tell me all your secrets
Lookin' like you need it
I Got You; Bebe Rexha

-

After returning home, Hestia had spent the whole night reconstructing Alistair's words; it didn't let her rest. He advised her to tell Mick how she really felt. She was reluctant to do so, vividly remembering how excited he was when she agreed to see him race. The last thing she wanted was to crush his joy and bother him with her petty fears. However, she couldn't sense the idea of lying to him. Giving him false comfort hurt her more than disappointing him.

Hestia was sitting on her couch in her fleece oversized gray dress with the USA on it, twisting the laces between her fingers while thinking. Instead of calling him or visiting their house with the risk of coming at the wrong time, she decided to send him a voice message. It was supposed to be a few minutes of work, at least Hestia thought that. How wrong she was. Who would have thought you could make this many mistakes while recording a simple message? This wasn't rocket science. No inventing was necessary, just plain reality. What could possibly be so difficult about telling the truth? Yet she was nitpicking every uttered word as if it was an audition for a movie role.

She had somewhat decent voice messages stored in her drafts, but none of them felt honest enough. After listening to the messages only to find them all terrible, Hestia opened her conversation with Mick. She knew he was busy, but she needed to speak to him face to face, she wanted to see him. Spending time with him somehow always made her life more tolerable.

Hi, there is something I need to tell you. Are you free to hang out? I mean tomorrow, I don't expect you to show up at my door at midnight because unlike me, you have a regular sleep schedule.

Even though it would be a very knight in shining armor sort of thing, Hestia didn't expect him to read and answer within minutes after receiving the message. While everyone else was visiting the kingdom of sweet dreams, Hestia played charades with monsters hiding under her bed. She had to hold back from checking her phone every two seconds, hoping to get an unexpected surprise. That much power he had over her without trying. The much-anticipated answer arrived the morning after.

Check your mailbox ;)

Without thinking, Hestia checked her emails. It was a reflex she hadn't gotten rid of even on her hiatus, she still had urges to check her social media as soon as the sun started peeking through the blinders. Hestia's eyebrows furrowed when her inbox turned out to be vacant. She looked everywhere, but none of the senders was the one she craved hearing from.

I don't see it anywhere. Are you sure it got sent?

I meant the actual mailbox, Hestia. In front of your house.

Hestia stared at his message, feeling her cheeks picking up color. She was still so caught up in her strong habits, not realizing there was no way Mick would know about her emergency email under Nina's supervision. She made a complete fool out of herself. Checking the mailbox was still unusual for Hestia, she barely received anything while living in West Hollywood. After opening it, Hestia found a piece of paper with a handwritten message. Mick must have stopped by when he went for a run early in the morning. Hestia found this way of communicating somewhat romantic. She clutched the note to her chest when she quickly sprinted back home to have time to read it without any rush.

Meet me at Plage de la Dullive after work. And if you can, bring your guitar and some snacks.
See you soon xx

Hestia couldn't stop smiling while reading Mick's message over and over again. It was a new situation for her, someone truly cared about her. Or it seemed like it. Hestia had seen such a film before, and the ending was rather unpleasant. In front of See you soon, there was a part of the text crossed out, it was impossible to read out the original words. Mick really took his time to cover it up, which was intriguing. What scandalous words were hidden under the layers of blue ink? Hestia guessed it could have been something along the lines of Can't wait to see you, but there was no clear evidence. One way or another, it was enough to release a butterfly or two.