Chapter 21

The compound was filled with supernatural beings, witches and the vampires that remained after the fire. they were all sat in rows, dresses sharply to pay tribute to their lost leader.

A photo of Amelia sat at the front of the crowd, wrapped in a gold frame and a pink Rose laughed just in front. In her photo, she was smiling, I remember taking this photo, we had just found each other and I couldn't believe it, so I took a photo to carry around with me always to show she was alive and real.

We all sat, me, Niklaus and Marcel sat in a row at the front, as we were the ones at loss.

"Thank you for coming today" father Kieron began "were here to pay tributes to a leader, a friend and a member of our family, pleas rise for a prayer" we all stood.

I smirked to myself, a room of witches and vampires who've murdered dozens and have gone against the word of God if he exists all coming together to ask him to take care of her. But it is for her.

"Amen" we all said simultaneously and returned to our seats, except for me.

"And now we have a few words from Elijah Mikaelson" father Kieron walked out of the way and I walked to where he had stood

"Good afternoon" I started "I do not have a speech prepared because talking about Amelia cannot be planned, it needs to be from the heart" I saw a few smiles from the crowd

"I first met her in 1864, me and my brother" I nodded to Niklaus "saved her from a marriage she had no part of being in, from then on, I learnt that she wasn't just an exquisite beauty, but she was a passionate, funny and smart being who made me question where I had been going before we met" I stopped to put myself back together, the tears fell down and I swallowed the lump in my throat

"I remember" I began , with a small laugh "she always used to play hide and seek or catch, and she would always stop talking to me when I used my vampire senses to find her" I began to laugh again "but she always caved in when I smiled at her. And when she became a vampire, I was unsure how to react, but she kept her defining qualities and added some more unforgettable characteristics, and when I thought she had been killed by my father , my world crumbled and I had no longer believed in true love" I closed my eyes and shook my head in disbelief, I didn't process that she had gone

"And when I found her, I cannot describe the amount of happiness that had filled me" I started to sob "she was my one and only love, and she's gone, and I did not even say goodbye" I wasn't finished but I was in such a state, Niklaus took it upon him to guide me back to the seat and continue in his own words.

"Amelia was like a sister to me, I detested her at the beginning but if anyone laid a finger on her, they would surely suffer a thousand raths, and that's what her first killer got, a torcherous death and I will not rest until the culprit is found and their head will be deposited on a spike" he nodded and sat back down next to me. I laughed at the way he spoke with such sympathy.

After a few speeches from close friends that she had known before I had returned, the crowd adjourned to Rousseau's, where the was a party. I stood in the compound looking out or the window

"Aren't you coming brother?" Niklaus asked "Marcel and I are waiting"

"Brother, I could barely say goodbye to her today never mind celebrating it with people I don't even know" I sighed "I'm staying here"

"Okay, well if you need us, you know where we are" he said before walking out of the door. I didn't say bye, or acknowledge him leaving

Through the weeks, we have rebuilt the compound and boxed up things that had been saved or partially saved. One of those boxes were dedicated to Amelia, her possessions that were saved.

I searched through them, retrieving her music box and her old teddy bear, the one from all those years ago. I placed the music box on her desk and the teddy bear remained in it's usual spot, my inside pocket.

I stopped and thought, that if I can write a letter or a note of some kind, maybe I could get a witch to send it to the other side, so I can say goodbye and tell her everything I wanted to.

I grabbed some paper and a pen, laying them on her desk. But I couldn't face it, not now, maybe later. I just stood in the room and thought to myself.

Suddenly a gust of wind flowed through, chanting the temperature of the room. I shivered but was interrupted by the small sound of a music. I turned to see the music box had opened, and the small woman figure, dressed in a large dress spin slowly.

The wind had swept the paper of the desk so I proceeded to pick it up and put it back where it was. But the markings if red ink spluttered on the page in a familiar font.

Sofia Oswald
Blood of an original
Item belonging

What does this mean? I recognised Sofia, as she was Amelia's witch, she made an alliance with her, but why her? And why are these things written down?

I examined the paper before putting on the desk and rubbing my forehead. Lights flickered and lightning struck, leaving darkness and small periods of light.

Within that period, a face emerged and then disappeared. And it came back again, only for me to recognise that she was trying to speak to me. I couldn't hear her of the thunder and the wind, but she pointed to the list.

I looked closer, the woman almost in tears screaming at me almost resembled that of Amelia's. It was Amelia.

"Amelia!" I shouted, but the thunder died down and the lights came back up, showing me alone. I ran out of the room to find any trace of her. Nothing. So I went to pick up the note.

After a while, I pieced it together, she had written it. She wanted me to pay attention to it so bad. I believed that it would bring her back to life, but I needed it confirmed. I walked out of the room to visit Sofia.