Chapter 4

Elijah and Niklaus lead me back to their mansion on the outskirts of town. I never really knew that someone lived here before this, I don't really think anybody did.

The house was exquisite though, it was smaller than the house I grew up in, yet it was perfect. Outside, there was a freshly cut garden with a small maze, but it was dark when I saw it and I would rather not take the chance of getting in there and being torn to shreds.

Elijah lead me to the bathroom that was attached to his room and told me to have a bath.

"Thank you" I smiled, clinging onto the pearly white towel he gave me.

"It's my pleasure, are you sure you'll be okay to draw your own bath" he giggled. His smile sent shivers down my back, it was so welcoming.

After running the bath, I slowly slid in and relaxed. I was finally away from that monster.

+++++++++
*Elijah's POV*

I stood waiting in the hall, I had sent Niklaus back to the manor to retrieve her dresses, which is obviously no problem for him.

As soon as I had laid eyes on the delicate woman in Niklaus' grasp, I knew I had to stop him. But I was intrigued by why she had run away in the first place, until we ran into Edward and it was all clear.

"Brother, I have retrieved the dresses for you lady" Niklaus smiled

"Niklaus, she is not my lady, we both rescued her from a terrible fate" I explained, watching him dump the dresses on the bed.

"Well, if it was my choice I would have drained her blood until she was a pile on the floor" he smiled "but no, you had to stopped me, being the virtuoso that you are" he looked at me and I broke the gaze, looking at the floor "oh come on Elijah, you care for this girl, it is obvious"

"Niklaus, even if I had the slightest of care for this girl, she has been through a lot, so I'll be waiting until she settles down a bit" I replied

"Ah so you do have a crush" he smirked, I couldn't deny it, she was a stunning creature and what proved my thoughts was when she exited the bathroom.

I saw Niklaus look first and then I turned around. She was stood there wrapped I her towel and her wet hair fell in waves down her back. I didn't realise I was staring until Niklaus placed his hand on my chin and closed my mouth

"Stop staring Elijah" he giggled quietly

*Amelia's POV*
I stepped out of the bathroom to see both men awaiting me with my favourite dresses. I let out a slight laugh and went to look through them.

"Thankyou" I exclaimed, hugging both of them and planting a quick kiss on Elijah's cheek without Niklaus noticing. I instantly recoiled and referred what I had done. I had only just gotten out of my relationship and I honestly do not want to go back into one, at least not this soon.

All Elijah did was look at me with a surprised expression on his face. "It's our pleasure" he smiled

"And now would you both excuse me, I am going to change" I smiled, picking out a grey dress and waltzing into the other room

"If you need any help with your corset strings love, Elijah will be awaiting your call" Niklaus laughed.

I got into the next room and quickly changed, it had all happened so quickly, I never really had time to worry about what would happen if he finds me.

"What would happen if he finds me?" I whispered. And as I tied my corset strings I ran downstairs.

"I have to go back" I stated worriedly, Elijah's smile dropped and he looked at me

"What on earth for?" He asked,

"If I go back now, he won't hurt me too much" I repeated, almost convincing myself to go back, I paced the room as both men looked confused at eachother

"He won't find you" Elijah said finally, wrapping his arms around me causing me to stop. I stayed there for a while but then wriggled out of his grasp

"Yes he will" I shouted "he always will, he will find me, he will kill me if I don't hand myself in" I cried, I was so scared. Elijah then looked at Niklaus

"Tell her what you told them" he stated

"I compelled a guard to tell everyone that he saw you jump of the bridge and into the river, he told Edward that he saw you die" he started "Edward wants proof of a body, but everyone else believes it and if you are gone for long enough, he will believe it, so we will stay here until we know it's safe to move on"

"Okay, so I'm dead" I told myself "and safe from what? Edward is here" I tilted my head confused

"Safe from Mikael, out father" Elijah interrupted "he has been hunting Niklaus and me for years now, he seeks to destroy the vampire race, we've avoided him for long enough, but he chases all the leads he can get"

"Oh wow, murderous father then, that's great" I laughed "so we will be safe here until we can move?" I asked "safe from Edward?"

"Yes, and if he ever finds us, I will protect you" Elijah said