Chapter 29

As I blacked out, I entered another world. It was similar to the other side, yet I didn't feel so aloneDoes this make sense? And would I be able to do it times

"Over here" the woman I saw smiled at me

"Let's get this right, for one; you're not my mom, I don't even know her so how can you know me" I asked

"I didn't really know you, not until you died; and then I followed you around and saw your power, the power I gave you, and then I knew that you were her, my daughter" she smiled, tears in her eyes "it's just a shame I have to see you like this"

I obviously knew she was referring to my vampire side "I happen to like me as this" I replied. The truth was, I was unsure on how I preferred myself, when I was human, I was much more happier. "why are you here? If you are my mom, why did you come here now? Why not wait a while?"

"I wanted to see you as soon as I can" she smiled "before you make the choice, before it's too late" she replied

"What do you mean?" I asked, the wind picking up, so I couldn't hear myself; never mind any answer she would give me.

After her shouting for a while, she gave up, or so I thought. I found her voice in my head

'You're leaving my world now, I'll always be with you; make the choice before it's too late'

"The choice? What choice?" I shouted as I woke up. Marcel, Davina and Elijah all crowded around me

"What choice?" Elijah asked "what happened?" The urgency in his voice grew

"I think I just met my mother" I shook my head, trying to remain in the right frame of mind

"The witch?" Marcel interrupted

"Yeah, she kept telling me I had a choice, a choice before it was too late" I explained

"Do you know anything about this?" Elijah asked Davina

"No" she raised her hands "this is completely new to me"

"Can you find out?" He asked in return

"I can try, for now it's best to get her to her room, let her rest" she recommended.

********
I woke up in my room, it was around midnight.

My eyes flickered open to adjust my sight to see anything. But my vision had blurred.

When I could see clearly; papers were scattered everywhere, like someone had entered my room and messed everything up. But the thing that scared me most was what was on the walls.

In red; the words read 'the choice' the colour was familiar. I only clicked when I looked down to see blood pour uncontrollably from my stomach

"Elijah!" I exclaimed, holding the wound. Surely I should have healed by now.

After a while of sitting down and drinking blood, the flow finally stopped but the wound had not healed.

"What's happening to you?" Elijah asked dramatically, looking from me to the wall "what is the choice?"

"I don't know" I shrugged, I felt atrociously sick from the matter "but I have to choose something before it's too late" I looked down at the wound again "I swear it's growing"

Elijah examined the growing wound and shook his head "where is Marcel and Davina? I called them ages ago"

"We're here" Davina stumbled into the room, obviously just woken up "let me have a look"

She knelt down and was taken aback by the look of it. "I've never quite seen anything like this before" she observed, raising her hand to point at it "I'll see what it is"

She began to chant but immediately was thrown back into the wall

"Davina!" Marcel exclaimed, rushing to her side

"I'm fine" she got up and looked freakishly at me "you're not" she shook her head

Elijah gripped my hand tightly and looked at me, "what's wrong with her?"

"That thing growing there? It's your magic devouring you" she began "a vampire is never meant to be a witch, it's unnatural"

"What's this mean?" I asked

"When I collided with you, I saw a flash; it basically said that I can help when you've made your choice, I'm the one that'll save you"

"What is this choice?" I began to get agitated

"You can choose; between being a full witch; human and everything or to remain how you are, a vampire" she explained "when you've made your choice, I'm the one that has he power to save you"

"How long do I have to choose? I can't choose right now" I argued, I can't choose between this.

"By the looks of that" she looked at my wound "about 24 hours until you're consumed and not even the other side can save you" she shook her head.

How can I choose?