Chapter 2

We sat at opposite sides of the table at breakfast. I barely ate, but I watched as Edward stabbed at his bacon for half an hour.

"As you know our engagement party is tonight" he started as he swallowed down his final piece "I have had a dress made for you, you will wear it tonight, I want the girls to envy you, you have to look beautiful" he smiled

"Yes" I replied quietly, looking down on my lap

"And I do not want any of the charades you did last week, no running off"'he began to talk serious "there will be consequences"

"I understand" I said unemotionally, I was about to say something else but as I did, a butler walked in

"Sir, you friend Lord Jameson is here" and then left the room

"Ah Robert" Edward called, walking up to him and parting him on the back "how is my best man" he smiled

"I am ecstatic for your wedding next week" he returned the smile and looked at me "though, I don't think we have had the pleasure of meeting" he stated.

Edward motioned for me to get up and greet the guest. "This is lady Amelia, my bride" he introduced me, apparently I am not capable of doing it myself

"Pleasure to meet you" he laughed, leaning down to kiss my hand. I rapidly pulled it away before we could touch "ooh someone is a bit feisty" he turned to Edward, who was looking not too happy "she needs to be whipped into shape a bit more"

++++++++++
I was sent to my room, the episode I had downstairs was apparently 'unacceptable'. I wasn't too sure what the right thing to do was, let him kiss my hand and be punished for my interest in other men, or to do what I had done, and make him embarrassed.

The footsteps from the bottom of the stairwell got louder and louder until they stopped. Outside of my room.

"What the hell was that?" He shouted "why did you do that?" He was furious

"I thought you would prefer he didn't touch me" I replied, quietly

"He was being nice Amelia, you need to learn" he shouted before hitting me across the face, the blow pushed me onto the bed. He walked closer and hit me again. I yelled in pain. "That's enough for tonight, I don't want you looking bruised for the party" he started, fixing his cuff links and flattening his collar "now get ready, guests will be arriving soon" he smiled

++++++++++
I do have to admit, apart from being the monster he is, Edward does have a wonderful taste in dresses.

I twirled around, looking at myself in the mirror. The dress was a long red one, it was silk and it fit like a glove.

I walked over to the window, where the doors were locked, preventing me from going onto the balcony. I looked through the door and into the woods. The night had fell and the stars shone, leaving only silhouettes of the trees.

My forehead met the window, expressing my need for outside . My hand reached down to the golden handle, it was cold to touch, but my hand fit perfectly. I leant down, to see if I could open the door and it opened.

I stepped back and gasped "he forgot to lock it" I whispered. My hands covered my mouth in surprise and I paced around the doorway, hesitating if I should escape.

And then I looked at my arm, the purple mark ran from my wrist up to my elbow and that made my decision. I climbed down the ivy.

++++++++++
*Elijah's POV*

We paced around the woods, me and Niklaus had just come to mystic falls, an old friend invited us to his engagement party tonight, but we needed to feed before hand.

"There will be no humans around here Elijah" Niklaus started "they're either already at the party or inside their homes"

"Niklaus, can't you settle for a small deer or a rabbit" I asked "and if you are hinting at how late we will be to the party, I am not too fond of Edward, so he is lucky that we will make an appearance"

"Well if you don't like him, how about we crash his party by massacring and feeding on the whole town" he smiled

"Niklaus, you are something else" I laughed as we continued along the path but we came to a halt as I heard heavy breathing. I looked at Niklaus and he smiled