Chapter 5

*Edward's POV*

I sat in complete darkness, a glass of bourbon sat comfortably in one hand and my other hand in the form of a fist. I swished the amber liquid around in my mouth for a while before swallowing it and feeling it flow down my throat.

I saw a beam of light come from outside, someone had walked in

"I suppose you have the information about her whereabouts" I whispered, it was a male butler

"Sir, there is no sign of her in the town, it may be time to let go, she died" he explained, I felt the frustration rush through me when I stood up and hit him in the stomach.

I stormed out of the room and called a meeting of my guards. They were all arranged in 2 small rows and they looked up to me.

"It has come to my attention that most of you think my fiancé has died... But your wrong!" I shouted, slamming my fist on the table

"We will not rest until she is found and whoever has taken her in or sympathised with her shall be killed, search the forests, search outside of the town, do not let her slip away." I finished, reaching into my pocket and pulling out the dagger that Amelia had used to stab herself with.

"And whoever tells me is dead... Well, shall we look?" I laughed, pulling up the butler from the floor and burying the knife in his chest.

He let a slight moan before collapsing on the floor in a pool of his own blood. "Now, do I make myself clear?" I smiled

++++++++++
*Amelia's POV*

I was looking through the kitchen for something to eat

"This massive house and they don't even have a chef" I whispered to myself as I bent down to look through the cupboards. I quickly straightened up when I heard something drop behind me.

I was stood with my back towards the doorway, holding my breath. My paranoia had gotten the better of me, but i built up enough courage to turn around...

"Elijah!" I exclaimed, letting out the breath that I held. He was closer than usual, his body almost touching mine, his face only a couple of centimetres away from mine.

Just lean in I thought, just lean in and kiss him. But, instead of obeying what I wanted, I out my hand on his chest and slid away from him to the other side of the kitchen.

"Sorry if I startled you, I heard your conversation with yourself and thought I could be of assistance" he smiled, taking some cheese and bread out of the cupboard

"It's quite alright" I smiled "17 years in isolation and I cannot even make a meal,not much of a woman am I?" I laughed

"You had chefs to do it, you have an excuse" I looked closely and saw him wink at me. He then retrieved a sharp knife from the draw and handed it to me, I tilted my head

"Well if you want to learn, here , cut the cheese" he laughed, his smile made me weak at the knees and I believed if would fall. I took the knife and planted it in the cheese, but I had no strength and the cheese was solid.

"Here" Elijah said, walking up behind me and placing his hands on top of mine. I felt the force of his hands cut the cheese instantly. I felt like staying in his arms, I felt safe, but I'm afraid of being hurt like I was.

I walked off and looked out the window. "Your garden is lovely" I stated, smiling.

"You know, you're not trapped inside, you can explore the garden without our permission" he smiled, I looked at him with all the innocence in the world. Elijah walked over and opened the door, holding out his hand for me to join.

I giggled uncontrollably and grasped his hand, pulling him with all of my force. Even though he is strong, it surprised him, but he ran after me.

"Catch me" I exclaimed, letting go and running off into the garden. From what I saw, he was giving me a head start before he used his powers.

I halted as he blocked my way "it's not fair" I shouted " I don't have those so you can't use them"

"Oh can't I my lady? I think I just did" he laughed, we were closer that what we were in the kitchen. My smile dropped as I looked at him, feeling my self inch closer to his, I watched as his face moved closer to mine.

But at the last minute, I turned away to face the house "excuse me" I said, my voice cracking due to holding back tears. I left Elijah's presence and ran inside.