I Had a Nightmare

Summary: You wake up from a nightmare and Bucky comforts you.
Pairing: Daddy Dom!Bucky Barnes x Little Girl!Reader
Warnings: Fluff. Daddy kink. 

You opened your eyes in a rush, letting out a scream as your heart raced in your chest.

Your hands were shaking and your skin covered with a thin line of cold sweat. You couldn't remember your nightmare, but it was terrifying.

"What's wrong?" you heard Bucky and turned to your fiancé.

Your breath was heavy, and the first thing you did before opening your mouth to say anything was hugging him tightly.

"Daddy," you cried softly.

"Oh, honey," he circled your body with his arms. "It's okay, it's okay. You're okay, daddy's here."

You were scared, almost desperate.

"What's wrong?" he repeated the question. "Did you have a nightmare?"

You nodded quickly, panting against his chest and crying softly.

"It's okay, baby girl," he whispered. "Daddy is right here."

You tried to control your breathing in the rhythm of his, feeling as his chest raising against you.

"Do you remember what it was about?"

You tried to think, pressing your face into the crook of his neck.

"There was a monster; a black sleek monster," you muttered. "It was coming after me, trying to kill me and then there was a tiger downstairs that was after me too."

It was a stupid dream, but Bucky didn't laugh. In response, he sat down and pulled you into his lap, babying you.

"I'll protect you from any monster," he affirmed and you closed your eyes, sucking on your thumb. "I promise I won't let anything hurt you."

"What if you can't?"

He moved his hand to your chin and raised your face.

"Look at me," he said, and you looked into his eyes.

"I'll protect you from everything and anything. I promise. Don't worry."

You closed your eyes, laying your head on his chest again and sighing as he caressed your back.

"Now, sleep," he whispered. "It's too late for little girls to be awake."

You were still shaking softly against him and your voice was no more than a whisper when you let it out again.

"Can you read me a story?" you questioned.

Bucky kissed your head once again.

"Of course, doll," he pulled his phone.

"Cinderella," you muttered. "Please."

He let out a chuckle but didn't protest.

"Once upon a time..."