Chapter eight-Moving in

Christine's pov
We pulled into the driveway of a pretty big house. Not so big that it stood out, but big enough that everyone had room. We all grabbed some stuff and went inside. Mrs. Norman started giving me a tour. "So here is the kitchen, the living room, the bathroom, and here is your room." She opened the door and I saw a big room that was teal with a big purple bed in the middle and a widow with a pink seat off to the side. There were multi-colored lamps and chairs around the room. It was the coolest. "I wasn't sure what was your favorite color so-" mrs. Norman started to say. "This is so cool! Thank you so much! This is way too much!" I said excitedly. "It was no trouble!" She said. Jace helped me bring all my stuff upstairs. After he left I jumped into my bed and did a big face plant. "This is so awesome!" I yelled into the big pile of pillows. I accidentally fell asleep and was woken up to someone calling for dinner. I went downstairs and had (can't think of something to eat for some reason😂). After I helped clean up and I washed the dishes and put them away. It took like five minutes because I'm so used to it. After I went to my room and unpacked for a while. When I thought that everything was perfect, or as close as it was gonna get, I pulled out a book from one of the shelves. I read a book called talent and thought about how much I was like the main character. I started wondering if I could actually make it in the acting world? Did I have the talent? Could this really be my life? If it doesn't work out, what will I do then? All of my questioning myself was interrupted by a knock on the door. "It's open!" I called. The door opened and jace came in and sat next to me. "I brought you the script for tomorrow. Try want to start right away." He said and handed me a huge stack of papers. "Seriously? Short notice much?" I said. "Yeah it happens a lot. But you'll have time to practice when your not on camera. So what are you doing?" He asked. "Just reading." I said. "Seriously? Do you ever watch tv? You know you have one in here right?" "I know but tv is soooo boring!" I said. "What? What is wrong with you? What kind of teenager doesn't like TV?" He said. "Well it's just that books let you use your imagination. They let you imagine how things are supposed to be and how they are supposed to look. But with TV it's just all, there. And there's no imagination, no creativity, just pictures!" I said. "Alright you have a point. But what do you read?" He asked. "All kinds of stuff. Realistic fiction, horror, mystery, nonfiction, you name it!" I said and walked over to my huge shelf of books. Jace was now just staring at me. "What?" I said. "Nothing! It's just I've never met anyone like you before." He said. "Well it's kind of impossible to meet someone exactly like me because... You know what never mind. I'm just going to shut up and take it as a compliment." I said and laughed. "That's probably a good idea." He said and laughed with me. Eventually I kicked him out so I could practice my script. I finally forced myself to go to bed at 11:00. I was officially moved in. I was officially no longer a current resident of Maine. Except for some small details, there is no evidence I was ever there. Like the old Christine is gone forever.