"They All Think I'm Crazy." (Percy Jackson X Reader)

A/N: Again these first five or six are already published on Quotev. I'm still going to link the person who requested the oneshot and pretty much just copy and pasted the text over.  Let's go!

————

Requested by: https://www.quotev.com/Hannah42189

————

A/N: This is set between The Sea of Monsters and The Titans Curse. Hope that works for you! ————

You wipe sweat out of your eyes as you lean against a building. Why are you sweating? Well for one thing, it is the middle of summer in Manhattan, and for another, you have just been running away from the police officers for over fifteen minutes; until you lost them. Why were you running from the police?

Well, it all started three months ago.

You had been living at home with your abusive mother your whole life. Your mother hardly cared about you and was often drunk, but you had gotten used to it. However, what spurred you to run away was the fact that one day whilst riding your bike around the city, something metal stabbed into your upper arm, causing immense pain. You pulled a metal feather from your arm, thinking you had finally reached the brink of insanity.

See, you were always noticing weird and supernatural things (tree people and Cyclopes and other weird crap), but whenever you pointed it out, whether to one of your few 'friends' or your mother or even just a total stranger, they just looked at you like you were crazy, which you started to believe. After years of this you stopped pointing it out. No one believed you. Your friends thought you were mental and left. Your mother threatened to leave you on the streets if you kept behaving like a psycho.

Now however, you knew you were indeed crazy. You had just been stabbed by a metal feather for crying out loud! Then you saw them. About twenty or so shiny silver birds with glowing red eyes and razor sharp beak and wings.

And they were staring right at you.

At first, you regarded them with curiosity, and vice versa. Then one let out a metallic screech and they converged down on you as one. You screamed and petaled away as fast as you could. They didn't stop. Your bike tire hit a large crack in the street and you flew over the handlebars. Screaming as the birds swooped down and pecked at you and flung feathers, you got to your feet and ran full speed towards your house, which luckily was only a block away, leaving your bicycle behind.

The minute your house came into view (small compared to most houses in Manhattan), you put on an extra burst of speed, hoping to make it inside without letting evil robot pigeons in. You were fortunate enough for that to be the case.

Once inside, you slammed the door shut and locked it, breathing heavily.

"(Y/N)!" You heard your mother call from the other room. "What are you doing?"

You went into the tv room where you mother always was: lying on the sofa with the television on. "Mom, crazy metal birds just attacked me!"

"Yeah, and I'm a famous celebrity rapper." Your mom said, not even glancing in your direction.

"Look, it's true! There are cuts in me from them!" Your mother looked up from the show and surveyed you.

"Looks like you just drove your bike into a bush." And she went back to watching her show. Just like that. You had always thought she cared deep down, but at that moment you knew the truth.

That was when you made up your mind to leave.

You are only eleven years old, but you felt mentally older, as your mom practically forced you to grow up so you'd be off her hands. You spent the next week at home, but only so you could collect food and steal some of your moms spare blankets. Then you were ready. You left during the night.