EVERYBODY READ THIS

Okay, I am not sure if you've noticed, but I've been pretty absent for a while, not updating much and whatnot. I'll occasionally pop in for an extended period of time to maybe update a short chapter, but I never stick around long.

I am sure you've all seen the memes where it's like 'Finds a good fanfiction. Last updated 2012' or whatever.

There's a reason that happens.

I found a tumblr post today describing this very thing.

Here is the link (check comments. Please don't comment on this section so in the future people don't have to scroll through tons of comments to find the link)

If you have the time to read it, please do.

In short, it says how you readers need to leave comments on us the authors works. That doesn't happen much, and us writers get discouraged.

Half the time I check Quotev and Wattpad, see I have no comments on my works, and then I get discouraged and think I am a bad writer and no one cares about my works.

Just adding to your library or reading isn't enough for us.

I'm not trying to guilt you guys (gender neutral) into following me and commenting every update. I'm just trying to make you aware of this situation with authors.

And please, do it for everywhere you read fanfictions. It applies to our edits, fanart, gifs, videos, and everything else too. Content creators love it when we get a comment. Even if it's a silly one or just a simple 'nice story.'

It's those kinds of things that keep us going

Again, I'm not trying to force you to do anything. Just please be aware that what you do (and don't do) impacts us creators.

I will try to have all you people's requested published soon! I finished school for the year so I should have more time to now.

Here are a few more links to similar posts, just to show you how many creators feel this way. (Check comments, don't comment.)

(Comment thoughts here instead)