"Tell Him!" (Modern AU! Marquis de Lafayette X Reader)

Requested By: https://www.quotev.com/Littlemissbug

————

You groan and rub your eyes as your phone dings. You had been napping on your sofa for a couple hours, just like every Saturday.

You look at your phone to see what the notification

was for. A smile split your face when you saw who the text was from.

Marquis de Lafayette, your best friend and long time crush.

The text read

Hey (Y/N), I was wondering if I could come hang out? Alex and John are out on a trip and Herc is working.

You hurry to respond.

Of course! You type. I don't mind at all!

It was only a couple minutes later that Marquis replied.

Great! See you in 20 then?

Yep, that's perfect!

Since you lived in a small house, it was pretty clean. You had to keep it clean because you're so clumsy you'd literally end up dying if it was even a little messy. Since it was clean already, there was nothing for you to do except wait for Lafayette.

You flipped back down in the couch and just browsed on your phone. About ten minutes before Lafayette arrived, you got a text from Angelica Schuyler. It was in the group chat, which consisted of you, Angelica, Eliza, and Peggy. Angelica's text was asking if her and her sisters could come visit.

I'm sorry...but I'm busy this afternoon. I have someone coming any minute now

Who?? Peggy wanted to know.

I bet it's Marquis de Lafayette, guessed Eliza

Yes, it must be! Said Angelica. He's the only person she would reject us for!

Girls, seriously? Chill a bit

We ARE chill! Peggy texted. It's you who is probably panicking because your crush is coming over.

Oooh....😉 Eliza sent.

Before you could respond, the door opened and Lafayette walked in.

"Bonjour!" He greeted. "Thanks for having me over."

"Hello! And it's nothing! You can walk in anytime and I'd let you."

"I know." He plopped down on the couch beside you, picking up your TV remote and scrolling through Netflix for something to watch.

While he searched you glanced at your phone again.

Why'd you stop responding? Eliza asked. Someone get embarrassed? 😝

Both Angelica and Peggy sent laughing emojis.

No! No don't be ridiculous! I stopped responding because he arrived!

Tell him! Urged Angelica. Tell him how you feel!

Yes! Yes! Echoed the younger two.

You sigh in frustration. The only reason you hadn't confessed your feeling was because you weren't sure if Marquis felt the same way back, and you weren't willing to risk your friendship

Noticing your agitation, Lafayette glanced at you. "Something wrong?"

"No, it's just the Schuyler sisters driving me insane."

"Well that's what they do, isn't it? I mean, look what Eliza did to Alex! He was the one who always swore he wouldn't get married!"

"Yeah," you agree, laughing. "That's what they're good at."

"Want to watch anything particular?" Lafayette asked.

"Nah, not really. You pick I'll watch just about anything..."

You blankly watch Lafayette browsing through movies and shows, trying to think of how to word your great reveal.

"Hey, um, Laf?" You ask. "I need to tell you something."

He stops and looks at you, his expression unreadable.

"Actually, I need to tell you something too."

Oh no, oh no, oh no. This couldn't be good. Marquis never withheld information unless it was bad. And you had a feeling this was going to be concerning what you were going to tell him.

Before you could tell him to go first, he beat you to it.

"Ladies first, Madam."

You took a deep breath. Two. Three. At last you couldn't stand the tension so it all came spilling out before you could stop it.

"Marquis, I should have told you before-actually, not long after we met is more appropriate-I...I have feelings for you."

You looked down, putting you face in your hands and doing everything in your power to not get up and run. As if you could outrun the truth.

"Well..." Lafayette said after a moments pause, "This certainly makes what I was going to say irrelevant."

What the hell did that mean?!

"What I'm trying to say is...you took what I was going to say, almost to the exact word."

Your head snapped up in surprise and you stare at Laf.

"What?!" You couldn't believe your ears. "You mean...you feel the same?"

He chuckled softly. "Yes. And I should've told you sooner, but I was afraid. Afraid of your reaction. Afraid you wouldn't feel the same..."

A smile split your face. "I was afraid too...but now I release how silly I've been to keep it from you! I can't tell you how happy I am you feel the same."

Lafayette threw his arm around your shoulder and pulled you against him. "Let's not keep anymore secrets from each other, shall we?" He kissed your head. "Except maybe what you want to watch. I want to figure that out on my own."

You grin and snuggle closer to Laf. Your day had turned out much better than you expected.

BONUS:

Your phone dinged, and though you were to happy to pay it any attention, the Schuyler Sisters were also celebrating.

Do you think she told him? -Peggy

Definitely! -Angelica

And since we already know Lafayette feels the same, I believe we can say...-Eliza

Match making accomplished! -Angelica, Eliza, Peggy

————

This one wasn't total trash