Chapter 2

May 10th, 2029

CIA Academy of Espionage

1045 hours

Ben's POV

Class had just finished so I unpacked my lunch and began to eat a delicious steak sandwich that I had made myself. There was also a cookie and a bottle of water there for me to eat.

I had just started eating the sandwich when I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in," I said.

It was a student from my class earlier.

"What can I help you with?" I asked.

"I don't understand question 7, sir," the little girl, who I recognized as Sophia, responded.

"Call me Ben," I said, smiling. I went up to the whiteboard and wrote out the equation. It was a right angle triangle that had to be reverse engineered using the Pythagorean Theorem.

"So what do you know?" I asked.

"A and C," she responded. "But how do I get B if A(squared) + B(squared) = C(squared)?"

"You move the C over," I said, showing her on the board. "And then the B is now on the other side." I finished the rearranged formula. "Try with this formula."

I let her work away on it and she came up and showed me.

"Good job," I said, smiling.

"Thanks Mr. , I mean Ben," she said, then she turned around and left the classroom. I was finally able to get back to my sandwich. I was just about to take a bite when someone knocked on my door.

"Come in," I said impatiently.

Chip walked in. He was the PE teacher of the school now.

"What's up?" I asked him, eating my sandwich nonetheless.

"Boss wants to see you, right now," He said.

"Oh come on, I was eating a sandwich," I replied.

"Don't shoot the messenger," he said, shrugging. I brought the sandwich with me and ate it on the way up to the principal's office. I finished it and threw the wrapping in the garbage outside the office, and wiped my face off, then knocked.

"Come in."

Alexander sat behind the desk on a computer. He looked very relaxed.

"What can I do for you?" I asked him.

"Well well well, if it isn't Mr. Benjamin himself." He got up from his chair and came and shook my hand, then motioned for me to sit opposite him, on the other side of his desk.

"Good to see you too, Alexander," I said.

"We just have to wait for, oh, there we go." I turned around and saw Erica and Cyrus enter the room. I didn't know how old he was but he looked like he was in excellent shape.

They sat down on two chairs and Cyrus began talking.

"Well, I thought you two should be the first to know. The CIA has authorized me to enact the Special Status program."

"And ... what is that?" I asked. I was still thinking about the sandwich. To my surprise, even Erica did not know.

"Basically, if a child passes the test and exceeds set requirements, they will be granted early access to Spy School."

That was surprising. Although there didn't seem to be much relevance.

"Emma is barely even able to talk though," I said.