Chapter 4

May 11th, 2029

CIA Academy of Espionage

1045 hours

Ben's POV

I finished marking all of the homework from last night and had just begun to hand it back when the bell rang.

"Everyone stay please, until I am finished," I called out.

Luckily, the kids liked me enough to stay for the extra few minutes, in which I handed back the homework. Most of them had done really well, especially the girl that had asked for help before.

I handed it back to her with a smile, and on her page was a "100%" circled in red.

After I was done, I headed back to my desk and got my phone out to message Erica.

Lunch date still on?

Erica is typing...

Can't. Have to brush up on some things. Rain check?

That's weird.

Sure, no prob. Good luck.

Erica is typing...

Thanks 

Well if I wasn't going to have lunch with Erica, I might as well go pick up Emma. I had the rest of the day off as my usual class was participating in a grade wide Capture the Flag match.

I gathered the tests that the students had finished today and put them in my bag, then headed out to the staff parking lot.

I got in my car and pulled away and headed in the direction of the daycare.

Erica's POV

Thanks, I wrote.

Now that that's done, I have to go track down Chip. I went to the PE office but I could not spot him. I checked in the staff cafeteria, to no avail. Finally, I went outside and to the obstacle course. I saw him and Jawa setting up some sort of game.

I approached them.

"Hi Erica," Jawa said.

I waved at him.

"Chip, can I speak to you?"

"Sure," he said, although he looked confused. "Jawa can you step away?"

He did not look happy about it but he moved far away enough that he would not be able to hear us.

"What's up?" He asked. He was setting down the middle line for the sides of the teams.

"I need you to tell me everything you know about one of your missions."

He looked at me warily. 

"Which one?"

"MH."

He turned around completely.

"How do you know about that?" He whispered.

"I'm a spy. It's my job to know things."

He rolled his eyes at me. 

"No one, and I mean no one, is supposed to know about that except for me and the higher ups."

"Well, you need to give me some answers."

"Why would I tell you anything?"

"Come on Chip, do you really think I'm a mole?"

"No, I never said that, but -"

"But what? It pertains to my family and I would like to know about it. So just tell me. Don't be a wimp."