Chapter 3

May 10th, 2029

Hale Residence

1650 hours

Ben's POV

I was washing my hair in the shower. The steak in the freezer would make a pretty good dinner. Not sure if Emma would eat it though.

I continued to wash off and got out of the shower. I took my time, as the school days had been taxing. It was sometimes frustrating to see that some kids could not understand what I could.

Then again, I was special compared to the general public. Hopefully Emma would join that plateau with me sometime.

I wrapped the towel around my waist and threw a shirt on.

I walked out of the bathroom.

Erica's POV

I scrolled through the data on the laptop.

I went from SPYDER to SNOW, which had been re uploaded and updated. The USB stick would be able to access information that was sent on the same software and uploaded on a secure server.

There was nothing of notice on the two sections. There was just all of the missions that had been activated relating to the two cases. I saw all of the first missions I had when Ben was just a newbie in the spy business.

I saw the bomb threat, the spy camp summer, evil spy school, the trip to Vail, and all the others. I smiled thinking back to those times.

But I had more to look for.

The trip to my old dorm with my dad had jogged my memory a little bit.

I went to the MOLES section. There were a few more that had been caught but none since the SNOW mission. My grandfather had kept everything pretty tight.

Now the kicker.

I clicked on MH.

*Section Locked: Admins Only*

Weird. This USB stick is so secure that there shouldn't be any more security. I dismantled the security within 10 seconds.

Even after all these years, the software had not advanced enough to challenge me.

*5 new notifications*

I scrolled down to the bottom, where I had checked on the report from chip from a while ago.

Nothing had changed.

I went to the next notification.

April 17th, 2028

MH activity picking up. Found chatter on lines. Talk of a cruise ship. Staying safe.

Chip.

Well Chip was still on the case.

June 25th, 2028

MH starting to move. Suspects have been boarding a cruise ship at port of California. Cannot follow onto cruise ship as is private. Will try to shadow them along the coast and follow.

Chip.

Interesting.

July 15th, 2028

Cruise ship went for some sort of test run. Went around on the coast of California but never went too far significant. Weird movement just to screw around in the ocean.

Chip.

Something isn't adding up here.

September 4th, 2028