Chapter 6: The Escape

A/n: This is going to be a really long chapter :P

Previously:

I enter the room with y/n in my arms and as we enter the room we see bodies.

Now:

*still Thomas's POV*

I gently place y/n down on the ground and look at her bruises. Fist bruises? As I place y/n down I look up and see something that looks like Greviers in tubed. I look over to Aris and see him standing in front of a body. I look around the room and see many more bodies than just that one.

"Aris? What is it? Wait Teresa?" I say looking at the body. Moving the hair out of her face

"It's Rachel. They took her the first night. I told her it was going to be okay" Aris says looking at the body. We suddenly hear the door we came through start to unlock and I remember y/n is right by the door. Shit! I see Aris run over and he takes y/n and hides with her behind a container as I hide behind a wall of bodies. I look out from my hiding spot and see Janson walking through the door with a guard.

"You sure this can't wait?" Janson asks the guard.

"She was very specific sir. She wanted to speak with you personally" He responded as they continued to walk down the hall.

"As if I don't have enough to deal with." I hear him respond.

"Just bear with me. I'm getting some interference form the storm." They other guy says as they approach a wall.

"Come on. It's good enough. Make the connection." Janson orders. I peak out from the wall and see the same girl from the video we watched when we made it out of the maze.

"Good evening, Doctor Paige. Lovely to see you again. Although I admit I wasn't expecting to hear from you quite so soon." He says to the women.

"Change of plans Janson. I'll be arriving a little sooner than expected. First thing tomorrow." She says looking at Janson.

"Oh, we'll be delighted to have you. I think you'll be pleased with the progress we've made. As you can see, early results have been extremely promising. Whatever it is you've been doing to them in there, it's working." He says to dr. Paige

"Not well enough. I just received board approval. I want all the remaking subjects sedated and prepped for harvest by the time I arrive." She says to Janson.

"Dr. Paige, we are going as fast as we can. We are still running tests.." he says agitated.

"Try something faster. Until I can guarantee their security this is the best plan." She says annoyed.

"Ma'am, security is my job. We're on 24 hour lockdown here. I'm assuring you the assets are secure." He says trying to calm her down.

"Have you found the Right Arm?" She asks. What is the Right Arm?

"Not yet. We tracked them as far as the mountains." He responds.

"So they're still out there. And they've already hit two of our installations. They want these kids as badly as we do. And I cannot..."she says. I look over to Aris and we both have a look of confusion on our face. I look down and see that y/n is waking up. I point to y/n. Aris nods and puts his hand on her mouth so that when she does wake up she won't cause any noise.

"..I cannot afford to lose another. Not now, when I am so close to a cure." She shouts back at Janson.

"If you are not up to the task, I will find someone who is." She says making her back top her chair.