Chapter 10: W.C.K.D Returns

Previously:

Hop in

Now:

We rode in silence for a long time. I look to the front seat and see Sonya with her head on Aris's shoulder and his around around her. The feeling suddenly comes rushing back. I turn my head away and look at the seat behind me. My head is on Newt's lap while my legs are on Thomas's lap. Thomas looks at my wound and looks at me. I just smile telling him I'm okay. I look up to Newt and see that he is looking at Aris and Sonya. He looks down to me and points his eyes towards their direction. I just roll my eyes and fall asleep with him running his fingers through my hair. We arrive at base and Thomas helps me out. Newt comes out and takes me back in his arms. I look around and see Aris running over to us with a smile plastered on his face.

"What are you smiling about vent boy?" I tease him. He just rolls his eyes and laughs.

"Sonya said she likes me! I think I may like her, I don't know. I just have to figure out my feelings for this other person first." He says looking at me. I nod and smile when deep down I am sad.

"Well figure it out and tell me so I can plan the wedding and third wheel on your first date." I say smirking at him.

"Now go get your lady. She looks a little made you're over here. Just tell me if you need help figuring anything out, I'm here for you Aris." I say smiling at him. His smile widens.

"thanks y/n. Like i said before your the best!" he says and kisses my check again before heading off to see Sonya and Harriet. The feeling comes back even harder than in the car. Maybe I am jealous. As long as Aris is happy, I'm happy. Newt carries me over to the others and places me down on a rock.

"They've been this for over a year." Harriet says walking over to us. "This is all for us." She continues.

"You guys are lucky you found us when you did. We're moving out at first light." Sonya says with her hand in Aris's again.

"Where's Vince?" Sonya asks to another guy.

"Somewhere over there, I think." He says pointing to the other side of camp. We make our way over.

"Who's Vince?" Thomas asks.

"He's the one who decides if you get to stay." Harriet answers.

"I thought the Right Arm was supposed to be an Army." Minho states.

"Yeah, we were." A voice says from behind us. A guy with blonde hair comes out of a tent.

"This is all that's left of us." he says. He walks over to us and looks me and Newt dead in the eyes.

"Lots of good people died getting u at this far. Who are they?" The man asks Harriet.

"They're Immunes. Caught 'em coming up the mountain." Harriet answers. I look back and see Brenda is doing even worse than before.

"Did you check 'em?" The man asks.

"I know this guy, Aris. I trust him." Harriet says pointing to him. "I also trust y/n. I don't know why, but I feel like I know her and can trust her." Harriet says pointing to me in Newt's arms.

"Well I don't. Check 'em" The man says to Harriet. I look back and see Brenda fall.

"Brenda!" Jorge and I scream. I jump out of Newt's arms and land on my bad leg. I fall to the ground barely able to get up and look over to Brenda.

"What's going on?" The man asks.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Brenda says looking to Jorge and then me.