A little jealousy (Part 4)

WARNING: A little bit of SMUT at the end!!

My relationship with Mizune was never and will never be romantic

I was devastated by the thought that you would die

After Temari's confession, Shikamaru couldn't stop smiling and rethinking what the Suna woman just told him. All this time he was looking at her, but now he was smiling from his heart. He was happy. He was looking at Temari as she was eating his food. He heard her say "Oh, that's good", referring to the hamburger steak.

"Temari, we liked me since back then?"

"Yeah. I wasn't aware for them though"

"So, you had feelings for me for more than two years before I finally asked you out", he said while smirking and moving his eyebrows.

"I know! So, you have to compensate me for the lost time", Temari responded by throwing him a piece of paper. "Now that you have opened up yourself to me and I told you that nothing is going on with me and Mizune, I have to also ask you something".

"Go on"

"Isn't Shiho the girl that was after you all the time?"

"Yeah", he signed, "that's her. What about it?"

"You are going to spend more hours together now that she would be in your office. Do I have to worry about anything?", she asked him while looking into his eyes.

Shikamaru straightened his back, coughed, and looked at Temari's eyes before saying, "You have nothing to worry about. Actually, Shiho is already engaged and, in a few months, she will be married to a Konoha businessman. Moreover", he paused and later smiled, "you are the only woman that I care about".

The blonde woman looked at the Nara man and smiled gently. "Damn right I am! However, the next time I'm meeting Yoshino, I am going to tell that to Yoshino. Prepare to be scolded!!", the woman said.

"Oh, come on!", Shikamaru said and both of them laughed. "You know, I am going to tell you something that I have never said before", he continued.

"I am listening"

"When we were caught in the Infinite Tsukuyomi, in my dream you were also present!"

"Eh?"

"For real. In my dream, I saw my father getting scolded by my mother, Kurenai, Asuma, and Mirai, and you as well"

"Really?", Temari asked while being in shock.

"Uhhuh", Shikamaru said as he was eating from the soup. "For me, that was when I found out my feelings for you. I was saying in my dreams that marriage is such a drag, and you were agreeing with me", he continued.

Temari blushed but decided to say nothing. She just looked at him and smiled warmly.

"Do you remember our first date?", Shikamaru asked Temari all of a sudden.

"Hahahahahahahahahahaha. You mean our first failed-date. Our first attempt to spend some time together was just a huge misunderstanding"

"You are right", the man responded while smiling.

"To be honest, back then I was fascinated by your courage. I was so nervous and shy when you said that you were looking for a honeymoon place. I thought that you were talking about us. I swear, I was taken by surprise and I was so afraid", the woman explained.

"It was my fault. I didn't tell you what I thinking about. I just assumed that you knew what Choji and I was talking about"

Temari nodded in agreement.