Take care of Shikamaru (Part 2)

It was a lit bit over 11 a.m. and Shikamaru was in the Hokage's office. Today was a peaceful day. Nothing odd happened the past week. The only problem that they have to face is the large piles of papers that need to be read and signed by Kakashi. 

After the war and the establishment of the Shinobi Union, there were fewer missions that required ninjas. That was expected though, they knew that peace between the villages would decrease the demand rate for ninjas.

Shikamaru looked out of the window and starred at the blue sky with a few clouds on it. He was thinking about Temari, and how weird she was acting the last few days. He knew that his wife found it difficult to sleep at nights, but he assumed that it was because she was getting closer to her due date.  

One night, when she woke up in the middle of their sleep sweating and trying to catch her breath, he immediately asked her what happened and if she was feeling alright. However, the only answer that he got from the woman, was that she was okay, she just needed to visit the bathroom and she was sweating due to the weather.

For some reason he had a bad feeling about Temari's reaction. He knew that something was bothering her, but she did not want to share that with him. 

As he was thinking to himself, Kakashi was staring at him with a stern look on his face.

"Shikamaru, is everything alright? You seem to be distracted".

"Actually, Hokage-sama I need to ask you for a favour".

"Go on".

"I know that my vacation starts tomorrow, even so would you mind if I went back home now? I have a bad feeling and I can't seem to relax. I need to be beside Temari".

"That's weird. I did not know that you believed in superstition. What is going on?".

"Hokage-same, I do not know how to describe what I am feeling, it's just a hunch!".

"...", Kakashi did not say anything but he just stared in the other's man eyes. "Well, if your hunch, is like my hunches, then you are free to go. Take care of Temari and see you in three weeks", Kakashi smiled towards Shikamaru.

"Thank you for everything Hokage-same. I will take my leave now", Shikamaru bowed in front of Kakashi and turned his back to leave the room.

As he was walking down the hall of the Hokage's office the pineapple hair man was thinking about his wife. 

"What the hell is going on with her? I know that she already has it hard as she can not move freely and do whatever she wants; but she could always tell me what's on her mind. I thought she trusted me", Shikamaru thought to himself.

"I hope she is alright", he exclaimed while signing and scratching his head with his left hand.

"Shikamaru, how are you?", a voice stopped his thoughts as he was walking outside from the Academy heading for his house.

The man turned around and he saw Sai, a pale and slightly taller than him person, "Oh, Sai, I am fine. How about you? Don't you have a mission to complete?", Shikamaru asked back.

"I just got back, and I was heading to my house after informing Kakashi-sama about my mission, but I did not find Ino there. Mother-in-law told me that Temari asked both Ino and Choji to visit her at your place. Did something happen?".

"Temari did what?", Shikamaru's narrow brown eyes were wide open now. 

"So, my hunch is real. Something is really bothering Temari and she wanted Ino's and Choji's help", the Nara man thought to himself.