I cannot lose you (Part 1)

NOTES: I have no idea how to continue this attack. Open to suggestions :D

-----------------------------------------------------------

KONOHA – NARA HOUSE

It was a little over 23:00 o'clock. Shikamaru just opened his door and entered his house. It has been five days since he left Suna, and he was alone at his home for four days now.

Even though he spent many hours in the Hokage's office every day; he was feeling happy returning home and knowing that he would see Temari and Shikadai. It was their routine, Shikamaru saying "I'm home", while entering his home, and Temari greeting him back with Shikadai in her hands.

Honestly, Shikamaru missed those two. It was the first time since Shikadai was born that they spent that much time away from each other. He missed their presence in their house. Watching Temari sleeping in her weird position, watching Shikadai growing up and being lazy like him, listening to Temari's laugh and Shikadai's giggle. He missed those moments. The Nara man was excited that in a few hours Temari and Shikadai would return to their house.

He still had an hour or so until his wife and son would arrive in Konoha, so he decided to take a shower and to relax. He was feeling thankful to his mother that would visit his house every day that Temari was away to clean the house and cook for him. Today as well Yoshino had prepared a meal for Shikamaru, and as she knew that today Temari would come back, the portion of the food was larger.

Thanks mom, he thought while he saw the food on the pot and exited the kitchen.

The man headed towards the bedroom and took off his clothes, let his hair down and entered the bathroom. He looked himself in the mirror. He grew up. His age was visible and maybe the wrinkles around and above his eyes, made him look older than his age. His position was important, and he had to make difficult decisions every day. He could only relax when he returned home and was together with Temari. Thinking about the blonde woman and his little shadow he smiled warmly.

He turned on the water and he got under it. He let the water hit him and wash off today's tiredness.

After 20 minutes, he finally got out of the shower and entered the bedroom. He opened the closet and grabbed a white t-shirt with the Nara symbol on the back of the shirt, and a black pair of sweatpants.

The time was 23:50. In any minute now Temari and Shikadai would open the door. Kankurou informed him during their morning call, to not pick up Temari and Shikadai from the train station, as they would arrive with Matsuri. He grabbed a few papers that needed to be revised and he went to the porch.

He enjoyed sitting at the porch and watch the forest in front of him. The Nara clan owned a large forest land in Konoha. The Nara Clan Forest is located on the outskirts of Konoha and is a unique forest as many deer reside there. The land is approximately calculated of 5kms, and no one is allowed to enter it except the Nara clan members and the people who are close to the members.

It was a quiet night. No breeze, no clouds, and the forest had an unusual silence.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Matsuri run", Temari yelled back.

The woman was just hit by her opponent. She had a huge wound on her back, and she was bleeding. She had to stand up and buy some time for Matsuri.

Shikadai must reach Shikamaru safely. I need to stand up, Temari thought.

Whilst still trying to regain her balance, the woman saw the shorter masked man to try and run after Matsuri.