The Sun Is To Hot

(So this is kind of a filler chapter, but it'll start to speed up a little. My stories that I write myself are rather long so yep. Filler chapter yay)

IX

(Ryiad’s PoV)

Sitting back in a chair, I looked up at the blue sky, we’ve been working on the down stairs all day and we were amazingly almost finished. Tomorrow we start on the second floor.

I haven’t really been on the second floor much. On the first floor we found bones and dead cats in random rooms, and sometimes a dead possum or an alive raccoon that had rabies. All fun.

Sven sat down on my lap, “How’s your head ache?” He asked with a smile.

“Hmm better.” I looked up at him squinting at the suns glaze. “But it’s so hot.”

“I heard this is weird weather for Oregon.” He shrugged, “Enjoy it while it lasts, that’s what they told me.” Sven scrunched up his nose, “I’m not liking this sun.”

“I feel like I need to take a freezing ice cold shower.” I grumbled as I played with Sven’s now red hair. It was interesting, but what worried me was what was changing him. He never told me, he just switched to a different subject when I asked about what happened.

I noticed when he took off, I could no longer hear the growls coming from the room anymore.

What I really wanted to know, is what really was going on here. Why did my relatives abandon this mansion? Were we suppose to come back here? if ever? but we’re here now, but I knew that Sven was changing and that scared me.

“Hey Ryiad.” Hellson walked out of the mansion stepping out on our new porch.

“Yeah?” I looked up at him.

“Can I talk to for a moment?” He asked curiously.

“If my brother gets off of me with his big butt then yes.” I smiled at Sven, who sighed and got off of me then ambled toward the door and going inside.

“Hey...Um so I was wondering...” Hellson scratched the back of his head, I could see that his cheeks were turning red. “Would you like to go on a date with me?”

I blinked looking up at him.

“I-I mean, if you don’t wan-”

“No-no.” I chuckled, “No, um you just took me in surprise.” I smiled up at him and nodded, “Sure I’ll go on a date with you.”

“Really?” Hellson grinned, his eyes lit up.

“Yeah really.”

“So um, I’ll pick you up at six?” He tilted his head.

“Sure, what are we doing?”

“Wear some casual clothes.” Hellson shrugged, “And it’s a surprise.”

“Okay, just one thing. No movies, those are boring on a first date.” I smirked, “At least I think they are.”

“I promise no movies.” Hellson moved in a bit, but I stepped back and put my index finger on his lips and shook my head.

“You have to earn that.” I winked at him then walked away, I think I heard a growl coming from him when I walked inside.

I walked over to Sven and pulled him upstairs with a smile.

“Guess what?” I smiled.

“The puppy asked you on a date?” He chuckled, I nodded. “That’s awesome, I’m happy for you. Now go take a shower, I’ll find some clothes for you. What time is your date?”

“At six.” I told him.

“You have an hour and a half. Go take your shower, I know how long it takes you to take a shower.” Sven smirked and pushed me down stairs where our one out of seventeen bathrooms were fixed up. He shoved a towel in my arms and shut the door behind me when he pushed me into the bathroom.

I sighed and got into the shower.

_______

Looking at the clock for the eighteenth time and I suddenly hear the doorbell ring. I jumped up from my bed running down the stairs, I was the first one to the door. I opened it and looked at a very handsome Hellson.

Hellson handed me a bag of peanuts, “Sven told me you ran out.”

“Oh my gosh thank you!” I jumped up and hugged him then threw the bag at pater who sighed as he caught them. I pulled away and looked at Sven. “Eat them and you die.”

My little brother raised his hands, “Chill bro I won’t.” He smiled, “Have a nice time.”

I nodded, “Lets go.” I said peering up at Hellson. My brother had fish tail braided my hair, but left out my longish bangs so they fell in my eyes lightly.

“Alright.” He took my hand and pulled me out of the house just as my Pa yelled.

“Be good Ryiad!” Pater shouted and I just rolled my eyes.