|04 - Moving Day|

*WARNING: CONTAINS SEXUAL CONTENT AND MINOR IMPLICATIONS OF PTSD*

Iris POV

"You have everything packed, right?" I nod, groaning as I grab my bags and stuff them in my car. "I'll be fine, Ma." Her eyes fill with tears, and she nods, hugging me. My father stands beside her, and he hugs me as soon as my mom lets go. "Be careful, Iris. M'kay? Call us as soon as you get there." Smiling, I hug my brother who looked completely heartbroken. I lower my eyes to him. "Hey, buddy. Don't be too sad without me, alright?" He scoffs, crossing his arms. "I'm 14, Aesha. I'll be fine." I smile and pull him in for another hug.

Climbing into the car, I wave and drive off, turning up the radio.

Two hours later, my phone begins to buzz and I pick it up with one hand, putting it on speaker.

"Aesha, where are you at bestie?" Ryan says, and I hear Cleo behind him whining about her iced coffee.

"I'm on my way. Did you find your rooms?" He sighs dramatically, and I snort.

"Unfortunately, yes, and let me tell you, Cleo hates it. She's been paired with some 'goody two shoes, and now she's having mood swings."

"Aren't I a goody two shoes in your book?" He snorts, and I grimace, waiting for his answer.

"Sis, you may look like one, but as your best friend, your thoughts are anything other than good or innocent." I chuckle and want to move on from the current conversation before they taunt me about my kinks.

"Anyway, who is your roommate?" I ask. "Well, I mean he is kinda hot, not gonna lie," he says. "Oh my gosh, he has like the prettiest eyes. He reminds me of those cringe Wattpad guys except he is not cringe. And damn, he could crush me with those thighs"- I can tell from the phone he was starting to get flustered. "Ryan, I asked who he is, not how hot he is." "Oh", he says and I start laughing. "Well his name is Adrien, he's 20 I think, and he is super kind from the short encounter I had." He works at a bar/club close to campus called The Mariposa." I laugh, shaking my head.

"Well, he sounds like a good guy." "Maybe he is," Ryan replies. "And The Mariposa you said? Maybe we can go there."

"We probably will," Ryan replies. "Apparently, a lot of parties are held there. And I definitely want to go to one; which means, I will drag you there."

"So, when will you be here?" He says coming back to me. "The whole crew has arrived." I blow a lock of hair out of my face and sigh, looking at how many miles are left.

"A few minutes, Ryan. I'll be there quicker if you would just cut the call." He snickers before ending it, and I put my focus on driving again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a good 15 minutes, I pull into the parking lot and get out, opening up the trunk of my car with my keys.

Sighing at the amount of luggage I had to carry, I began to take them out one by one and called Cleo at the same time; multitasking at its finest.

I hear the monotonous ring before I hear Cleos voice. "You here?" Cleo asks, her voice loud through the phone. I was currently in the middle of dragging my large ass suitcases as I huff, already tired.

"Hello?" I took a break and finally answered. "Y-yup," I groaned as I closed the door to the trunk and dusted myself off.

"I'll meet up with you later this evening for coffee. Just let me find my room first." She gives me a small ok and cuts the call as I contemplate how to get all of this upstairs.