Epilogue

Four years later....

I look into the mirror. My blonde hair has grown down to my mid back. Piercing blue eyes stare back at me. I strap on the dress and admire it.

There is a knock at the door.

"Come in!" I say. The door opens and my mom swims in.

"I am so proud of you! Are you ready?" She asks squeezing my shoulders. I nod and smile. She takes my hand and guides me out of the room. We swim to the shore. Once I tails begin to lap the sand we stop.

I look back at my two sisters and my mom. They all beam at me with wide toothy grins.

"Okay girls do you remember how to get ok land?" We all nod. It's been about a year since I have been on land and about six months since my sister's.

I step onto the shore and dry myself off. In an instant my legs come back. My dress falls to my knees and I take a wobbly first step. I feel two arms catch me before I fall flat on my face. Maddie looks at me smiling.

"Thanks." I giggle. She smiles and helps me walk across the beach.

We meet my dad at the road. All four of us get in the car and drive.

"Are you ready?" Asks dad giving my hand a squeeze.

"Yeah." I say. But I'm not so sure anymore.

Right now we are driving to a special dinner place for my "before becoming queen" ceremony. Dad pulls into the parking lot and helps us all get out. Mom is the worst. She hasn't walked since my graduation, so dad guides her to the door.

I walk alone aa Maddie and Laura talk behind me. We sit down at the table and order. Halfway through the meal Laura gets a call. She excuses herself and walks to the front of the restaurant.

I glance at Maddie and she shrugs.

"So my daughter is going to be queen of the sea?" Dad smiles.

"Yeah I'm super excited and super nervous." I confess. We sit and talk for a couple more minutes before Laura comes back.

"Look what the tide washed in." She smiles and steps aside. Standing in a suit stands Ethan. I jump up and run into Ethan's outstretched arms.

"I missed you." He whispers into my ear. I look at him and give him a peck on the lips.

"How?" I ask Laura.

"Well Maddie and I knew that Ethan had graduated and we thought we could bring him down to watch your queen ceremony." Laura beams.

"And on that note. Sir, could I speak with you?" Ethan asks putting his hands in his pockets. My dad stands up and he and Ethan walk to the front of the restaurant.

"OMG! You are amazing!" I squeal hugging Laura. She laughs and hugs back.

Soon Ethan and dad come back and we finish our meal.

"Meet me at the beach after dinner." Ethan whispers in my ear. I nod and smile at his presence.

When the meal is finished we pay and say our goodnights. I stay on land while mom, Laura, and Maddie go back to the sea.

"I'll see you back at the house dad." I say and walk with Ethan to the beach.

"How was college?" I ask.

"Amazing and now I am a marine biologist so I  an be with you."

"Thats so cool! So you will be like studying fish and stuff?"