Chapter 10 New Powers

I sat there helpless as Maddie and Laura walked toward me.

"You're a mermaid!" Screamed Laura. They came up to me and helped me out of the water.

"Can you please keep my secret?" I pleaded.

"Of course! We don't want you to end up as the next science project!" Maddie replied.

"Thank you!"

My legs came back and Laura and Maddie helped me up. We walked back to my car. 

"I read about mermaids in a book, they are supposed to have powers. Anything like that?" Maddie asked.

"Well in math a pipe broke I though that was weird but that's it!"

"No remember Maddie it said the moon activated powers! There's a full moon tonight. We both are experts on mermaids. How about we stay with you tonight?" Laura asked.

"I think so my dad never minds when I have friends over. So you think I'm going to get powers?" I ask eagerly. Laura and Maddie both nodded excitedly.

If I had powers my life would change. Well my life has already changed because I'm a mermaid. But powers I could play so many pranks! Yes!

Laura and Maddie went off to their car to grab their things from their house. I got in my hummer and drove home.

"Dad I hope it's okay if I have some friends over tonight?" I called.

"Sure just don't say up to late you have school tomorrow."

At six o'clock Maddie and Laura came over to my house.

"Let's go to my room my dad doesn't know my secret." I whispered. We walked up to my room and sat on my bed. The full moon began to rise.

"So if I really do have powers when will the moon activate them?" I inquired.

"If they activate tonight then when the moon is directly over you then they will be activated." Laura replied. I nodded and Maddie walked to my bathroom. When she came back she was holding a cup full of water.

"So when your powers are activated you will be able to turn the water into ice! So just to be sure your powers have not activated yet try to freeze the water." Maddie and Laura stared at me as I tried to freeze the water.

Nothing happened.

"So you don't have powers yet but I think that you will get them soon!" Maddie squealed.

We talked for a while then went to bed. I fell asleep super fast.

"Wake up!" Maddie screeched. I shot my eyes open.

"Try freezing the water!" Laura yelled.

"Keep it down we don't want to wake up my dad!" I said.

"Sorry!" They both whispered.

They placed the cup in front of me.

Focus. Just freeze the water. You're a mermaid you can do this.

I held out my hand.

Haha! New cliffhanger! I am sorry this is super short! I really wanted to give you guys a surprise update because I saw last night I had 50 readers! YAY! Thanks a much to all of you! Please comment vote or fan me! I would really appreciate it! Tell your friends of you liked it! Goodbye darlings!