Chapter 12 Putting Pieces Together

"You can't hide forever!" Yells Ethan. I feel horrible keeping this secret from him. Right now all I want to do right now is scream. I run into the main hall of school where I stop.

"Emily is everything alright?" Asks Jess laying her hand on my shoulder. I shake my head no. She helps me up off the ground.

"I know this is about that little secret you won't tell anyone. Come with me lets get some froyo and talk." We both go to Jess's car and go to our froyo.

"So Emily I may have only had a few boyfriends but I have picked up a lot. Either tell him, breakup with him, or try never to bring it up in conversation." We talk for awhile longer then Jess drives me home.

I really do love Jess, she gets me when no one else does. My phone buzzes next to me.

"Hello?"

"Hey this is Laura! So there is a ton of buzz around the school saying that weird things happened today. Have you been using your powers?" Asks Laura.

"Yes. But they are very unpredictable."

"That's where Maddie and I come in. We have been reading a lot on how to control mermaid powers, we can help!"

"Great can you come over right now? I am worried that something is going to blow up."

"Yeah sure we will be over in a few minutes." We both hang up and I lay on my bed.

The faster my powers get under control the better!

The front door opens as my dad lets Maddie and Laura in. They both come up to my room.

"Ready to get some control?" Maddie says hints of anger in her voice. They both come in my room.

After awhile I had some control over my mermaid powers. I learned that emotions cause my powers to activate. So great I have to control emotions or I may be exposed.

Maddie and Laura stay for a sleepover.

"Goodnight ladies thanks for all the help." They mumble you're welcome. I close my eyes.

A rustle wakes me up. Laura and Maddie both stand up and walk out of my room. I quietly follow them.

I wonder why two teenage girls are leaving my house at three am?

They head for the beach.

What the heck?

They both dive into the water. I follow. It takes me a moment to find them. In front of me stands two mermaids, Maddie and Laura! I want to scream at them. How could they not tell me this?

Laura and Maddie start to swim to the rocks. They stop at where I swore the opening was. Both of their heads look in every direction before disappearing through the rock. I dart over and see that the hole is still closed.

I swim back to where I was and wait for the two to come out. I stand there for awhile sorting through my thoughts. So first I become a mermaid. Then I get friends who know I am a mermaid. AND THEN I FIND OUT THEY ARE MERMAIDS?!!

My life is just to complicated.

I stood there for a long time. My tail was getting sore from flicking slowly to keep me in place.

How long are they going to be in there?

I was about to turn around when I heard voices. Maddie and Laura emerged from the rock. They didn't see me and continued on with their conversation.

"As long as she doesn't expose us we are good. Mom seemed surprised she already had-." Laura looked up at me and froze.

"Wwwee can explain." Maddie says nervously.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Sorry if it takes me awhile to update. I have to juggle three books. Please comment and vote if you liked it, or comment if you don't. I really do want some feed back. PLEASE VOTE! Have a great summer everyone. Goodbye my dear readers! :-) ~Starflower12359