Chapter 5 It All Starts With The Moon

I looked up at the face of the bright full moon. It seemed to be pulling me to the ocean. Once I reached the beach I jumped in the water not bothering to see if anyone was around.

The cool water felt amazing. My eyes adjusted to the darkness almost immediately. An invisible hand seemed to be pulling me through the water.

I swam to the rock formation then the hand let me go.

Here again? What does this have to do with anything? And also why the heck am I a mermaid?

I looked through the whole I had looked through earlier. The shipwreck was still there looking lonely. I swam over the rock and went the the wreck.

The water seemed to peaceful it was creeping me out. I swam around the ship. Another invisible hand pulled me away and toward the rocks again. It almost seemed to be telling me something.

Once the hand let go I stood there for a moment looking for what I was supposed to find. To my left was the ship and to my right was... a light.

Not just a lamp light but a like full torch. It came from a gap in the rock. I swam toward it and peeked through.

On the other side I could here voices and someone was carrying a light. It was so bright it made me have to squint.

"So what do we do now?" Asked a girl.

"I don't know we aren't supposed to go out this far." Replied another girl.

"Yeah speak of 'not supposed to go out this far' we really should go back."

"Come on don't be a guppy!"

"Bye."

Then some blue flashed in front of my hole. I peeked over the rock and began to follow the two mermaids.

They lead me to the very end of the rock formation before ducking into a whole. I followed them in. A new voice stopped me.

"Where have you two been? You know you aren't supposed to go out to the wreak at dark!" Said another lady.

"We know it's just so fascinating, I want to know more about the two legged people!" Replied one of the mermaids from the wreak.

"No more you need to stay away from there unless you are told differently!" Yelled a familiar voice.

I swam over a bit so I found see the four mermaids. The two younger mermaids were talking to two beautiful mermaids. One of the older mermaids had a purple tail and the other had a green tail.

I looked closely at the green tailed mermaid. No it couldn't be. There's no chance. She was my..........mother.

Haha! Sorry kind of a cliff hanger! Hope you guys enjoyed it. The next one will be longer I promise! Sorry!~Starflower12359