Chapter 14 Pool Party

"Oh so you will explain not now. I just learned my two new friends are mermaids and they won't explain anything to me. You know what? Fine. Just leave me alone." I walk away. It feels good to leave them behind. They won't tell me fine! I will get the answers my own way.

I stop at my locker and set down some books. A note falls to the ground. I bend down and grab it.

Hey Emily! Pool party at my place this Saturday! ~Jess

Oh yay! I love pool parties and I think I can avoid the pool! There is nothing stopping me from going!

Jess holds a pool party every year when it gets near summer. I have never missed one! She lives on the California beach which is awesome!

I pick up my keys and head to my car.

Where should I go? Ugh! I hate it when this happens! Whatever. I'll just go to the mall.

I drive to the mall. After like five hours in the mall I drive back home.

I bought a ton! Haha! I love the mall!

My dad makes me a nice dinner then I head up to bed. I don't know why but today has made me exhausted!

The rest of the week flies by and before I know it it's Saturday.

"Are you coming Ethan?" I ask Ethan who has called to ask what I am doing today.

"I don't know." He says.

"Come on you have to come!"

"Fine. See you there." I hang up and get in my bikini.

"Bye dad see you later!" I call as I leave the house. Today is going to be awesome!

When I get to Jess' house I see a ton of cars everywhere.

Jess has always tried to top the previous years attendance and this year she really wasn't kidding!

I walk up the the grand door and turn the cold knob. Immediately I am greeted with loud music. Wow I am surprised I couldn't hear that outside.

A group of girls from school greet me and bring me out to the pool. Many people sit in the pool chatting.

I find a beach chair away from the water and lay down. Jess cones over to me.

"Hey girl! Want to get into the water? I finally got my dad to get the pool heated!" Jess exclaims!

"Wow! That's awesome! But I think I am going to stay over here for awhile." I reply.

Ethan walked out and joined me.

We sat and talked.

"Okay everyone come inside. We have a band ready to preform for you!" Everyone got out of the pool and went inside. Ethan and I stayed outside.

Ethan sat up and gave me a mischievous grin.

"What are you up to?" I say.

He smirked and walked towards me. His strong arms picked me up bridal style.

"What are you doing?" Fear crept into my voice.

He walked to the pool and got right to the edge.

"You haven't gotten in yet." He smirked.

"No Ethan. No no no no no no no no!" I scream as he throws me in.

I get the odd feeling in my legs. Crap. Well he would have found out soon enough.

I surfaced and saw Ethan, shocked.

"You're a mermaid!" He says.

"Yes Ethan I need your help. I can't let anyone see me. Please help me." Ethan held out his hand and hoisted me onto the cement.

He grabbed me a towel and helped me dry off. My legs came back. He started at me in shock.

Ethan then got up and walked away.

"Ethan I can explain!" I call after him. He keeps walking. Tears start rolling down my cheeks. He probably wants to break up with me since I am a fish.

Hello! Sorry for the late I update! Ahhhhhh! I have been super busy. Don't give up one me. Sorry sorry. I would love it if you guys checked out my other books! Until next time. Please vote! Goodbye dears! ~Starflower12359