Chapter 18 Cross My Heart And Hope To Die

"Cross my heart and hope to die." I say softly crossing my heart. Ethan slips the beautiful ring on my finger. He picks me up by my waist and spins me around. We kiss for a long time. This is the best day of my life.

The rest of the night we sit on the beach and eat a small picnic Ethan packed, watching the full moon set.

"One more thing." I say giggling.

"Yes beautiful?" Ethan asks. I hold out my hand and a Hershey kiss appears.

"For you!"

"Wow beautiful, talented, mermaid, and magical, this just keeps getting better and better by the minute." I playfully hit him.

"We should get home, my dad will kill me if he finds I was out for a lot of the night."

"Well school is over and graduation is tomorrow. I have a special date planned, so go home get some sleep and I will pick you up at noon."

Ethan helps me up and I walk home. I lay down in my bed and close my eyes. The memories of tonight drift through my mind.

My eyes open and a bright beam of light shines through my window. I grab my phone and scroll through Instagram. So many people ahhh!

I get up and go down stairs for a bowl of cereal. My dad is not here so I get a house to myself. I turn on some music and start dancing, I love being alone.

After a giant dance session, I go upstairs to take a shower, and get ready for this special date Ethan has planned. I pick out a cute summer outfit grab a book.

My life has been so complicated lately that I have had no time whatsoever to do something peacefully.

The doorbell rings and I put my book away and grab my purse.

I walk to the door and open it, my purse crashes the floor.

"Lith?!" I screech.

"Hey babe!" He says.

Before me stands my ex boyfriend who moved to China. His brown hair even cuter then the last time I saw him. Two blue eyes stare into me, making me melt.

"Don't call me that!" I narrow my eyes. He moved away and now he has the courage to call me babe? Um, I don't think so.

"Oh come on! We use to date? Do you remember babe?"

"No stop! Just go!"

He reaches out to touch my arm but I move away.

"Go! I have a date!"

"A date?"

"Yes."

"Who?"

"None of your business! NOW GO!"

"What's with the ring?"

"Ugh! Just go!"Lith holds up his hands in defense and walks away.

He turns back and says, "See ya soon babe!"

Ugh! I hate him! Soon Ethan's pickup drives up and I get in.

"Was that... " His voice fades.

I look away, he is the last person I want to talk to about this.

"Lith?"  He continues.

"Yes." I say looking out the window.

"What did he want? Didn't he move to China?"

"Nothing and yes."

"Emily! I know you! What did he want?"

"No seriously he came up and said hi!"

Crap, I hope that sounded believable.

"Oh. Cool."

Thank goodness.

Here's the thing about Lith. He's a stupid player and takes whoever he wants whenever he wants.

"Where are we going?" I try to direct my thoughts to Ethan.

"You'll see."

We drive for awhile. Ethan stops and drives into a strawberry farm.

"Oh my gosh! You didn't!" I scream. Tears fill my eyes.

My mom used to take me here before she 'disappeared'. I have always talked about coming back but never had a chance.

Ethan comes over to my side of the car and escorts me out. I wipe away teats and walk into the small building shack thingy. We both order a strawberry shake and sit at one of the tables.

"Oh Ethan. I can't thank you enough."

"Anything for my girl." Ethan grabs my hand and twirls the ring. I smile at the feeling.

"I love you." I say softly.

"I love you more." He smiles. I sip my shake, I miss those days with mom.

We stay and talk for awhile then leave.

"Hey promise me something?" Ethan asks when we get in the car.

"Yes?"

"We won't keep secrets."

"I promise." Even though he doesn't know the truth about Lith I won't keep any other secrets. Ethan smiles and continues to drive.

"Hey see you tomorrow!" I say getting out of the car. Ethan leans over and kisses my cheek.

"Have a good night!" He says as I close the door. I walk up my driveway and into the house.

Hi everyone! So there will be a sequel! Yay! What did everyone think of Lith? And thanks to my friends who have me the idea. I know they are not on here but I still want to think them! Bye have a good week! Comment and vote! Ily! ~Starflower12359