Chapter 20 NO NO NO

I'm done. Done with school. In a couple of days my life begins. I will be queen. Queen Emily, Queen of the Sea.

This morning my alarm doesn't go off so I get too sleep in. At 11 I roll out of bed and head downstairs. Dad isn't there so I grab some cereal. My phone vibrates.

Ex: Hey when you coming?

Emilyglamgirlxoxo: Um how about never Lith.

Ex: You said you would be there.

Emilyglamgirlxoxo: No.

Ex: Come on its super important.

Emilyglamgirlxoxo: No.

Ex: Please!

Emilyglamgirlxoxo: No.

Ex: I'm begging.

Emilyglamgirlxoxo: Fine.

Ex: Thanks so so much! Meet me at the beach in half an hour.

I set down my phone and angrily eat my cereal.

So for a brief period Ethan and I were broken up, I dated Lith. We were so in love, at least he was. Eventually after a month Lith was completely head over heels in love. He was just my distraction from Ethan. Then one day Lith comes up to me telling me that he is moving to China. I didn't believe him at first, we'll I didn't want to believe him. How could my one distraction go? The day of goodbyes came and Lith left. The day after Ethan and I got back together, but I never told Lith. I guess he thought that we were still together.

After I finish my cereal I take a fast shower and get in my car. There is a twisting feeling in my stomach that this isn't going to end well. I pull up to the beach and get out searching for Lith. He waves and I begin to walk over to him.

"Hey babe." He says smoothly.

"Call me that again and the next person you see will be a cop." I glare at him.

"Fine so I kept a secret from you."

"And why would I care?"

"I think it just something you deserve to know."

He looks super nervous and I have to hold back from laughing.

"Okay?" He reaches for my hand but I pull back. Lith looks hurt but begins to walk. I follow and we walk down to the edge of the beach. The water starts to come towards me and I have to step back. I get as close to the water as I can without getting wet.

"Now please don't freak out." Lith turns to me.

I nod. He takes a couple steps stops, then continues to the water. Then he jumps in and I loose him. A brown head of hair pops out of the ocean. It comes closer to shore and through the clear water, I see a tail.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. THIS IS THE LAST THANK I NEED!

"Oh my gosh." I try to look happy.

"Come here and sit by me there's more."

Please please tell me he doesn't have magic.

"No I want to stay here!"

"Emily come here."

"No."

He reaches for my ankle and pulls me into the water. Almost instantly my tail pops out and I fall to the sand. Right on my butt, which is screaming in pain, if butts could scream.

Lith's eyes go wide and his jaw drops.

"You're one too!" He finally says.

I take in a deep breath and nod.