Chapter 7 Secrets Revealed

Okay this is back from the blue tailed mermaids point of view. I just need to explain some thing so yeah. Hope you like it!

I peeked around a pillar to see my mom pacing.

"Mom are you okay? What was the thing with that mermaid last night?"

"Oh honey!" She rushed over to me small tears coming out of the eyes, "Laura, that was your sister, Emily." I stood there shocked for a moment. Then all the pieces came together.

"That's why that wave came to take you on that ship one night!"

"Yes now go I need to think!" I swam out of the room then hid behind my pillar. My mother trusted advisor Clara came in.

"The rock has been secured. No one gets in or out! Are you sure you want to mess with the moon magic? It wanted her there!"

"No what's done is done Emily needs to stay away there are to many secrets I have kept from people. I can't just throw that all away!" My mom looked at Clara her eyes tearing up again. Clara bowed and left.

I bolted out of there and came to Maddie's room. She was laying on her bed daydreaming. I shook her out of her trance.

"Wake. Up. I overheard Mom and Clara! That mermaid was our sister Emily!"

"What?! Wait how?"

"I don't know how! She also said that they closed the opening we need to break through!" Maddie swam straight out of the room.

"Wait let's spy some more and see if we can get any other clues!"I yell.  We crept down the hallway and hide behind the pillar. Mom was pacing and using her magic to break small objects in the room.

My mom is one of the few mermaids that have powers. They ones with powers are special and therefore rule. The powers are given down through birth. Neither me or Maddie have them.

Clara came back in.

"What do we do Maria?"

"I don't  know. It's a matter of time before her powers are activated by the moon."

"We could send some girls to follow her?"

"Maybe. That just might work. They could help her contain her power."

"Our legends say that she will be one of the most  powerful just under Clarisa who was the most powerful."

"Who do we send?"

"We could send your daughters they have done many studies and have come a long way! They are ready for their legs!"

"Okay we will discuss this at dinner." Clara bowed and left. Mom looked a lot calmer and stopped pacing. She sat on her throne and then left the room.

I looked at Maddie she looked shocked.

Legs actual legs?

All mermaids want to go on land at some point in their lives. Maddie and I have always been fascinated. The mermaids that do go on land have very important duties and only get to keep their legs for a short amount of time.

We made our way of our dinner table. Mmmmmm! Fried clams and sardines.

"Girls I need you to do a very important duty. Clara and I think you have earned legs. Now your sister Emily is going to get powers. Those powers could expose us. We need you to go to her school become friends and show her the ropes. Do not tell her your identities. She can not know you are mermaids. Nor can she know that you are her sisters and I am her mom. Just stay safe. You will leave in the morning." She said. Maddie and I looked at each other and squealed!

We are really getting legs!

We began to dance and do flips around the room until my mom said is was time to stop.

That night it took me forever to get to sleep.

I was awaken by Maddie shaking me.

"Laura we get our legs today it's time to go!" She screamed. I shot out of bed and swam straight to my mother.

"Be safe my girls! Report back each night. I love you both!" We swam to a secluded area of the beach. Mom gave us each a charm bracelet to let us back through the rock which was going to be sealed. She flicked her hand and our tails were formed into legs.

"Now girls when you get wet you will turn back to mermaids until you are dry again. Be safe and have fun." I braced myself on my arms and slowly stood up my legs wobbling. I helped Maddie up and we started walking toward the buildings.

Hey hope you liked it. The next chapter is back to Emily's point of view. Please comment and vote! I would really appreciate! Goodbye my dears!~Starflower12359