19

There was absolutely no way I was gonna betray my friend. Without a reply, I stood from the seat and walked out. I ignored Kikimora's cackles and swiftly left the casino. Once outside, I started ranting to Nyx.

"I can't believe her! There's no way I'd do that to Zena!"

"She's a devil. Better believe she makes impossible deals." Nyx sighed. "We should report our failure to Alec and Alena." I nodded and flew with Nyx to France.

Obviously, no one was happy about our failure. It was also annoying since the closest bordering realm was not the wolf domain. There was absolutely no chance that Nyx and I would step foot in that realm. We would have to wait until a nicer realm came along.

Alec had told us that Zena had exited the fairy realm and was back in Croatia. I was happy to know that she safely left the place. We then spent a few more days with them. Sophie and Nick were amazing hosts and gave us a tour of France. I've always wanted to see the Eiffel tower, so they took us to Paris. It was a great mini vacation.

Right now, we were in Alec's study. He wanted to let us know that Taemin's informant notified him of the fae realm bordering the human realm again. Nyx and I were happy since we could use the portal in the fairy realm to leave. While speaking to Alec and Alena, Nyx and I felt a wave of dark energy. We left Alec dumbfounded and flew to where the energy was coming from.

"Look." Nyx pointed at some demons entering a realm. Shit, the fairy realm must've transformed back into a dark realm. "I think that's Hel." I could vaguely see fire in the realm. I then picked up a familiar aura.

"Nyx!" I grabbed her. She looked at me. "I think I have Zena's aura."

She then followed me towards a school. I felt Zena inside a building, so I teleported inside. When I saw Zena, my face brightened and I went to hug her.

"Thank God you're okay." I tightened my embrace around her.

"We detected demons in the area, so we quickly sped to see if you were alright." Nyx explained.

"Physically I'm fine, but emotionally... I'm drained. Two of my friends were taken and we have no idea where they went." Zena looked down. "Where do demons go?"

"Either demon realm, dark realm, or- no they couldn't be there." Nyx mumbled.

"Where?"

"Hel." Nyx ripped the bandaid off. "I doubt they were taken there. I'm thinking this has to do with Lilitu if I'm being honest."

"How do we get them back?" Acacia spoke up.

"You can't seriously be considering journeying to the Dark Realm." Nyx laughed, but they were serious. "That's stupid." I nodded in agreement with her.

"Then we're idiots. How do we get there?" Zena pushed.

"There's no way I'm taking you guys there." Nyx stated.

"And why not?! You're a demon, so you're familiar with that place!" Acacia was getting annoyed.

"Yes, I'm a demon, but I don't frequent many places in the Dark Realm! And I'm basically walking you guys into a lion's den. That'd be incredibly reckless on my part."

"We don't care." Acacia defiantly said. "Tell us where to go."

"We wouldn't know." I tried to smooth things over. "But maybe we could bring Zena to her." I silently asked Nyx if Kikimora may turn out to not be a conniving bitch and will help Zena. I mean she wanted to meet Zena, so maybe Zena in turn could ask for her help?