three

"who is that?"bitterness was evident in his tone. jeno could only sigh and look at where donghyuck had his eyes on.

and it's no other than renjun with sungchan, his new bestie. first bestie.

"the new kid?"jeno then looked at donghyuck who is looking intensely at the new kid.

"hey cut it out will you? they're probably just friends"and jealousy was evident in jeno's voice. "but WHY does the new kid be friends with him right away? i mean, i've been trying for almost 3 months to make renjun mine"yes, donghyuck admitted that he likes the older.

"maybe because he's new and- "

"JEnOoooOoo stop defending that tall new kid!!"donghyuck whined and stomped his feet. he rolled his eyes at jeno who just pinched his cheeks.

donghyuck would just continue to stare at sungchan until the bell rang making them all hurry to their seats.

"hi renjun"donghyuck said in a happy tone making renjun look at him. it's like time had stopped, and damn he is whipped.

"hi"the older simply said before focusing on the teacher. donghyuck could only squeal like a school girl.

the rest of the day was tiring, donghyuck is all alone and would probably go home alone since jeno had some student council shit going on.

"hey renjun, wanna go to that ice cream parlor? i heard they have great flavors there"donghyuck heared from the gate seeing that new kid and renjun together.

he couldn't believe it. he would always try so many things just to make renjun say yes or even let him tag along but seeing that this sungchan guy can easily make renjun say yes is making his blood boil.

"calm down donghyuck. it's not like they're dating"he said to himself as he walked to the ice cream parlor the other two went.

he was jealous yes, he was hurt yes. he can remember all the time he had to force renjun to come to him. then why can this guy easily make renjun agree with things.

"so this is what it feels like to be broken again"he chuckled bitterly before turning around and walk away. and as cliche as it sounds, his emotions matched the weather so perfectly.

"great, i'm heartbroken and i'm soaking wet. just great"he promised himself not to cry again. he promised himself to be strong so that renjun can finally see him.

"and great, i'm crying"he slumped down the side of the parlor, people walking pass by offered him an umbrella or a ride home but he kindly declined.

this is donghyuck's life, always cared for, always keeping him safe. totally opposite from what renjun is experiencing. totally opposite.

as he continued crying, the door to the parlor open seeing sungchan and renjun coming out.

"donghyuck?"that familiar voice calling his name makes him 100% better even if he is heartbroken.

"r-renjun"he was shivering. they can see that. the only thing he could think of was renjun. and renjun only.

"what the heck are you doing out here? get in here"he helped donghyuck stand up and squeeze him to the small umbrella them three share.

donghyuck can only smile. not minding the way sungchan looks at him, but the way renjun is literally touching his hands. his hands. they're holding hands.

he can scream with happiness right now but he knows it's not the time for being all girly and stuff.

"stay here you two, i'm buying medicine"renjun thought maybe this is the way he can repay donghyuck on being on his side on his rough times.

"so...how'd you know renjun?"donghyuck's bubbly persona was changed with a serious one. he looked at sungchan who was also drenched in rain.

"my family and his are business partners now"sungchan answered before turning his attention to his phone.

donghyuck can only mutter a small okay. they waited for renjun for like three minutes, and he's still not out.

"hey uh sungchan, can you check if renjun is okay in their?"it's ridiculous in sungchan's mind as to why he has to, but he did and he see renjun struggling to find a perfect blanket. (he has soft spot too shhh)

"he's okay, he's not dead"sungchan said before standing up and opening his umbrella again.

"also can you tell renjun i'm going home first?"donghyuvk can only nod before sungchan walked away.

donghyuck did his little dance of victory for being alone now with renjun.

"where's sungchan?"renjun said as soon as he walked out. "he said he has to go home first"

and that night, renjun wrapped donghyuck in a thick blanket, made him drink the medicine and basically helped him take a cab or call his personal driver to take him home.

and as soon as donghyuck bid goodbye to renjun and secretly blew a flying kiss, he went home and went straight to his room to scream at his wall for everything that happened today.

he doesn't know what happened to renjun about being all protective over him or he's just overthinking but let's just let him enjoy the moment.

and that night, he didn't catch a cold or a fever, but he did catched every glances renjun would take.

"AAAAAAA OMG HE'S SO FUCKING PRETTY AAAAAAAAAA"and there he is abusing his pillows and bed throwing them everywhere.

"WHY MUST HE BE SO CUTE LIKE-- OH MY GOD??? I'M-- "

"LEE DONGHYUCK SLEEP OR I'LL BURN YOUR RENJUN SHRINE"

"DON'T YOU DARE MOTHER"

"OH I WILL SON"

second ud whattt :oooo
should we get a jeno pov too? dw I'll introduce rest of dreamies soon :))