eighteen

"i'm sorry. and i'll do what it takes to get your apology"

renjun's head was full of hatred, rage. donghyuck noticed it and kissed the olders' temples. "it's okay"donghyuck whispered.

"is that all you can do?"renjun said before storming out and go to god knows where. donghyuck stood up and followed where renjun went.

everyone in the room fell silent. the atmosphere was so thick that dejun can't help but go out too.

"you know, "mrs. lee started. "that was brave. just give him time, he will eventually forgive you guys"and with that they also went out.

the huangs looked at eachother, probably thinking there's no way renjun will forgive them, that renjun will never view them as parents like how he did when he was still a child.

"character development aye?"mrs. huang joked, but that still didn't even crack a smile. they fell into silence again.

"will we ever be happy again?"

"renjun"donghyuck said as he catched up on the older who was crying in his arms. "renjun, please stop crying love"he caressed the olders' back trying to comfort him.

"i can't, i can't forgive them"

"shh, take your time. they're not rushing you am i right? so take your time. i will be here just for you"donghyuck's words eventually made renjun sigh and calm down.

after all these years his parents are now finally apologizing to what they've done, but renjun still isn't satisfied just yet. they haven't said the word renjun has been waiting to hear.

he wrapped his arms around donghyuck's neck and hugged him tighter. "please...please don't leave me. if you would, i will never live"renjun looked up eyes all glossy again and lips trembling.

donghyuck can only sigh and smile, "i will never renjun. i will never leave you"after all, he was the one so inlove with renjun, that would be crazy if he was the one who broke off the relationship right?

the two actually ended up in the park, not that far from where they were earlier. "have you heard from jeno lately?"renjun suddenly asked making donghyuck look at him.

"why are you suddenly asking me that?"

"nothing. what about mark?"

"mark is irrelevant. he still keeps messaging me but i still block him everytime he does. don't worry"renjun just nodded while still being insecure about their relationship.

donghyuck has been with handsome people, like mark. even if he hates to admit it, mark is attractive along with jeno. and now renjun is at it again with hesitating if donghyuck really loves him or not.

"please don't think about something else, you're the only one i love. if mark or jeno or anyone will come in the way i would always pick you"donghyuck assured making renjun nod again and smile.

at least he knows donghyuck is sincere. and will always be one.

"how is sungchan?"

oh, sungchan? "he's fine, we talk from time to time"and is probably seeing someone. they just shared a comfortable silence as they held hands, scared that this might be the last time they're holding hands.

as they were sitting and talking, they suddenly saw jeno and chenle together walking.

"don't you miss jeno?"renjun asked while looking at the two who is peacefully walking down the street.

does donghyuck miss jeno? yes, a lot actually. "no, why would i"he shrugged making renjun just look at him.

"you guys had been friends for god knows how many years, and you don't miss him?"