twenty two

after that night, donghyuck got to thinking even in his classes. not because of the lesson, but because of how renjun would just show up to him and apologize to him because dejun said so.

he doesn't know why it hurts him, but the fact that renjun has to be told to apologize makes him sick.

glancing up from his notebook that has random scribbles, he saw renjun standing infront of him with a big smile.

"classes already ended, wanna walk around?"he badly wants to say no, but he's his boyfriend how can he say no?

as they were walking, donghyuck keeps spacing out making renjun worry. "hey? are you alright?"concern was evident in renjun's voice making donghyuck snap out of his thoughts.

"y-yeah, yeah i'm fine"but renjun doesn't believe he's fine. he knows something's bothering donghyuck.

while walking silently, they suddenly saw chenle dragging jeno to the back of the school. neither of them know what's happening, so they just watched from the distance.

seeing chenle shouting at jeno made them think that something is going on between the two. and renjun is assuming that maybe chenle is the boy being rumoured about.

flinching when he heard a ring, renjun. fished out his phone and received a message from dejun.

dejun<3

dejun
it's done

dejun
your dad gets 5-10
years in prison with
50% chance of parole

dejun
your mom gets 3-4 years
in prison with 95% chance
of parole

dejun
i hope you best of luck
renjun<3 you're finally
free

-

seeing that made renjun stare at his phone for longer than he intended making donghyuck look at him.

and now it's his turn to ask if renjun was okay. "my parents are in jail"a part of him is celebrating with pure vodkas in their hands, while another part of him wished he was there when they did their trial.

"oh"was all donghyuck said as he hugged the older. and just like that, renjun cried. he cried because his dad didn't even went to his house and apologize sincerely, but no.

but like that's what he wants right? to be free from his parents' hold, to be free from  being brainwashed into being on top.

and about that, he still help but feel scared if he drops on the rankings, or not doing well, or not being the best in it. it's engraved in his mind when he was still little,  how can he forget about that unhealthy mindset.

as his crying calm down, they totally ignored the bell and just sat to a nearby bench and donghyuck just continued on whispering sweet nothings into the olders' ears.

"you're the only one that i have left"donghyuck can feel his chest hurt. seeing renjun cry was one of many of his weaknesses.

"don't say that jun, you literally have a lot of people. just like dejun, my parents"

he wants to believe what donghyuck said, but all he wants to believe is that if donghyuck is gone, he will never be the same again.

"i love you"

"you can visit them on weekends from 8 am to 5 pm"dejun said as he faced renjun opposite from the table. "your mom gave me this, "passing onto the little bag to renjun, he sighed. "that's the key to the house. it's all yours basically"