Prologue

****

Dakota Caddel, the 19-year-old daughter of Beckham and Eleanor Caddel- owners of Caddel-Hendricks Country Club. Dakota is quiet and wants nothing to do with her parent's wealth and good fortune. She wants her own life but can't seem to escape the hold her parents have on it.

The beautiful bleach blonde works to get out from not only her parents but her 'boyfriend', Drew, who happens to be the son of Amy and Jack Hendricks- co-owners of Caddel-Hendricks Country Club

Dakota is bright on the outside, or tries to be, but on the inside she wants someone to notice her pain and get her out, help her out.

****

Calum Hood, a 21-year-old tattoo artist and underground boxer, who is simply living life. He doesn't take things too seriously and has another girl in his bed every night, but also has to look out for his opponents who are always out to get him.

He lives his full life with his three best friends, who are living similarly, except for the profession in which they make money to put themselves up into tiny apartments.

Calum would love to settle some, but can't come up with the nerve to do so. He likes the constant high, the constant drugs and alcohol in his system, and he loves the different girls he's managed to get in his bed.

****

Calum and Dakota find themselves in the same place. Calum sees the true darkness in her gray eyes. He has to decide to help or to ignore and live his life. He wants to ignore but has to help the pretty rich girl.