38: Fire & Desire

You're getting dressed up as you form your plan for the evening. Getting Fire & Desire to make up is going to be a difficult task, and you'll likely only get one shot at it. The plan has to be foolproof, or you'll never force Sonya from Charlotte's side.

What your initial thoughts consisted of were mostly reaching out to Mandy to try and get her to reconnect with Sonya, but that probably won't work. You'll have to make them meet face-to-face, which in all fairness will get Sonya out of the house.

You enter the living room, where Charlotte is shooing Dana away as she sits in her big armchair. The thing might as well be a throne.

"Good luck, she's in a terrible mood," Dana grumbles as she passes by you. Charlotte motions to a smaller armchair beside her as you approach, so you sit next to her and turn to face her.

"Hey Char. You wanted to see me?"

"Yes. There's a big party in town later, and I was wondering if you'd like to be my date?" she asks sweetly, but there's nothing nice about her attitude. The way she's looking at you... it's a little unnerving. There's no way she's aware of the fact that you're planning to remove Sonya, right?

"Um... I kinda promised Becky I'd spend the night with her..." you lie, quickly fabricating a story in your mind. In this story, you were going to make Becky dinner and have a picnic out on the lawn with her.

"Just spend some other night with her, then," Charlotte suggests, waving off my previous engagements as if they're nothing.

"Fine, I'll go tell Becky."

"Good, then go find Carmella. I've already informed her she'll be getting you ready for the party."

Instead of going to Becky's room, you go straight to your own bedroom. It's empty and no one is even nearby, but that's not what you're focused on. Instead, it's the person outside that has your attention. Candice is lying in the grass, enjoying the breeze. You open your window and tell her to go grab the ladder. She immediately does as she told, and within about a minute she's in your bedroom.

"Listen, I need you to keep Carmella busy for awhile. Don't ask why, just do it," you say quietly, looking back at the door nervously. Too many times has someone been waiting just outside to fuck you over.

"Okay, I can do that," she says. You follow her across the hall to Carmella's room and wait outside while Candice does her thing. Part of you thought that she would start talking about clothes or some guy, but she basically just walks up to Carmella and jumps into her arms. Carmella tries to push her away, saying that she's supposed to be getting me ready for a party, but Candice argues that you're not going anywhere. It's enough for Carmella, and you don't need to see the rest. Whatever works, I guess.

Charlotte is no longer in the living room when you go downstairs, which is good. You make your way to her garage. A portion of it has been turned into a home gym, and that's where Sonya is. Her back is to you and she's beating the shit out of a punching bag.

"Hey Sonya. How are you?" you ask calmly as you come up behind her. She turns to face you, looking upon you with curiosity.

"Same as last time," she grumbles, turning back to the punching bag. Before her swing can connect with the bag, you catch her wrist.

"So not good. Wanna go out for a while?" you ask hopefully, thinking maybe she'll be eager to leave.

"We're not supposed leave, (Y/N)," she sighs, landing a hard punch on the bag before you can stop her again. The chains holding the back up squeak like they want to break. A few more hits like that and they'll snap.

"You act like none of us have left. C'mon, we won't be that long." Sonya seems pretty convinced at this point. At least, she's paying attention now. The punching bag is spared today.