Chapter 6 - Process of Elimination

My hands shivered from the cold metal desk, as sweat drips down my forehead like a waterfall

"Miss Camlotte, there is no need to be nervous, we are just going to ask you some questions," A tall white detective with kind brown eyes reassured.

"This is just the normal procedure nothing to sweat about. If you did nothing wrong you'll be fine."

"Ok," I said.

"Alright, let's get to it then shall we?"

"What happened?"

After two stealthy hours of being interrogated, the detective freed the girls.

The two arrived at their dorms with their dormmates awaiting their arrival.

"Oh god are you guys ok?" Allie asked us.

Madeline ran into her arms with tears streaming down her face for the loss of her friend, Angel.

"I knew we shouldn't have done anything like that," Madeline started.

"I thought just for one second that I could help my friends and now another is dead because of my stupid decision," Madeline blamed herself.

"You wouldn't have known that she was watching us Maddy," I comforted.

"We definitely aren't stopping now," I continued.

"We just need to keep this between us only and trust no one else," I said to her after we made it into my room.

The huge bead stood still in the middle of the room, covered with partially dusty bedsheets due to being at the station all night.

The morning light shone through the huge open window next to it and the cool, refreshing breeze flowed through the artificial plants that were around at random.

"Are you crazy! didn't you read the damn note! he told us to stay away Bryer not come closer!" She argued.

"I know, I know but the only reason why he gave that note to us in the first place, is because he's threatened by us," I explained.

"This proves that our little theory is indeed correct, well some of it anyway,"

"But we have to keep this between us only, we don't know who the silencer is so we need to be careful," I stated.

"Not even our dormmates? If there is anyone that isn't trustworthy in the house, it would be you because of your odd appearance," Madeline stated.

The words did stung I'll admit, but this wasn't the time to feel hurt by the fact that no one trusts you even after all you've done.

"Well I trust you, you don't have to trust me," I reassured.

"Just be my ally in this investigation, I don't want to see your body hanging from a ceiling or an arrow through your chest." I said.