Chapter 9 - Grandma?

"I'm sure you all know why I've called you all here today," Chancellor Ingred began

"There has been a total of eight deaths including Aloe White who was murdered last night in dorm Iota," She announced.

"It has finally come to a point where I'll have to shut down school just for a few days-"

"Yes!" We cheered.

"-But, I'll be sending you all to a camp fest during those days, education is important and there is no chance that you'll be leaving this academy like a bunch of empty barrels," She stated.

All the cheering died down instantly, dreading the fact that we'll still have school, just not at Tourmaline Academy.

"If I don't get you as my cabin partner, I'm setting that whole place on fire," Allie whispered.

"Don't worry Al, I'm sure that they'll use the same dormmates for cabin members," I chuckled.

"You all will be separated, only two people from the same dorm will be in one cabin, the rest will be a random selection," Ingred said.

"Ugh, you were saying?" Allie argued.

"Well, let's just hope that you're the partner that I get from my-"

"Don't jinx it!, come on Ingred said that we should start packing, the names will be posted on the meeting board later." She said.

"Bryer! Have you heard," Lyla shouted rushing over to join the small group consisting of Allie and I.

"Yup, I'm hearing a snake hissing," I jeered.

"Are you ever going to trust me, new girl?" She smirked.

"In the next life, Anyways I've heard the news, no matter what we do, the Silencer is always one step ahead of us," I sighed, so tired of all the tricks that the Silencer has up his sleeve.

Madeline and I have been protecting Lyla for the past two weeks and just last night, Aloe White, the cousin of Andrew White, died in dorm Iota.

Now I'm more cautious than ever around Lyla,

What if she lied to us?

Made us believe that she's the next victim and then,

Bam!

She kills Aloe?

"I really thought that I was six feet under," Lyla said.

"Ya'll need to stop stressing over this, it's obvious that the Silencer is threatened by you Bryer," Allie stated, slurping her slushie.

"Really, if anything I'm afraid of him, the guy has no witnesses and is always watching our every move!"I yelled frustratedly.

"He's always three steps ahead and whenever we find out something, he changes his game plan," I ranted.