Chapter 22 - The Big Plan

Lyla's P

Lyla's P.O.V

I could feel my heart beating faster as I dashed around the corner. My legs began to cry out in pain from how long I was using them to run. Sweat soaked the thin set of sports clothing that I had on but I kept moving. My heart began to squeeze painfully in my chest, begging me to slow down but the guards were on my tail. I couldn't stop now. I couldn't fail them, I'd lose my family. Those psychopaths ruined everything but what hurt the most was that one of them was once my friend. 

That one once comforted me in tuff situations. Put up with me for years, learning every aspect of my life only to stab me in the back!

Oh, how I wish Bryer was here. I wished that she found out who the Silencer and his accomplice were...I had to have a little faith in her though. She's smarter than she looks and no matter what, she always has a plan. She probably already knows who they are but is waiting on the right moment to bust them.

I hope that she didn't think I was dead. I don't want her to find me though. What I'm doing is incredibly illegal and I can go to jail for a really long time. I have to do it though. I couldn't stand the fact of watching my little sister slowly bleed to death from an arrow in her chest while her mouth is painfully sewed shut. I couldn't let that happen so I kept pushing.

Running in the freezing cold of the night as the moon guided me to No man's land. A huge peice of land filled with fresh trees that free from the ash of the bush fire years ago. The only thing separating it from the King's Eye Ruin was the narrow road that accommodated the students daily. Both places were forbidden so most wouldn't dare to explore but I came to realize that the two connected just beyond the Alkanzer Library.

I could still hear the howls of the Huskies not too far behind but as soon as I entered No man's land, loud whines came from the dogs and protests from their owners. A smile grew wide on my face as my plan worked. I drowned the entrance in Red Oleander, deadly poisonous to dogs.

I still don't slow my pace as the rustling of the guards got louder as I sprinted to my destination. Around this corner, under that tree, up that little hill and finally I lost them. They didn't know the land like I did so that gave me an advantage.

I fell at the root of an oak tree, so huge that my neck began to hurt from how far back I was bending it. My lungs began to drink the delicious oxygen hastily, burning from the build-up of carbon dioxide as my heart struggled to slow down. The icy weather cooled my skin down, finally stopping the perspiration that seemed to grow thicker as the clothing under my arms was completely saturated.

I wonder if they got Austin already. His birthday present was in my closet desperate for him to open it. Those cruel monsters planned to kidnap him today. That's not a Happy Birthday at all. I wished to go there, ease my friend's mind and tell Bryer everything but the only thing I've managed to do so far was leave a note in Bryer's room. I hope that she found it soon. It had everything thing needed to put those suckers in jail.

I looked down at the reason why I was running away from the authorities. It was a map of the school, not just the places we know, it was the map of the new head of staff building. The one that was built to replace the King's Eye building. It was the blueprint of all the hidden rooms below the huge building. Ingred kept it under lock and key. I had to steal it from her office, deep inside one of the drawers in her hidden cabinets.

It was like a whole other campus beneath the building. Everything was underground, and it spread for miles. I really don't know what those two wanted with this but it couldn't be anything good. They always mutter something about phase two. It gives me chills because if killing innocent people was phase one...what do they have planned next?

At last, I got up once I was fully refreshed and began a slow jog to my destination, the king's eye building. However, before I could go there I heard some people arguing and I saw the unmistakable bright white light that came from a flashlight one of them was using.

"I know the Silencer's around here somewhere Allie! What if Lyla's in here...look, something just didn't feel right about his story and after I talked to Sony it proved my gut feeling." It was definitely Bryer's voice. It had me freezing in my spot. She shouldn't see me, not at all but the thought that she didn't give up, made a sad smile brush my face. I got closer until I could see them just beyond a willow tree that sheltered me.

"Bryer! It's the middle of the night! For all we know they can be gutting Austin! As for Lyla, let's not bring up our hopes, she's been gone for weeks....it's best to assume that-"

"No," Bryer cut Allie off. "She's not dead! I refuse to believe that! We're gonna find them both and lock up those monsters...." She trailed off into sobs so painful that tears of my own came to my eyes.

"I can't sit and watch my friends die Allie! Why are you?" Allie froze to her spot before her face flamed red out of fury.

"You think I want to watch my friends die! I know them longer than you! You just came here and honestly ever since you came bad things started to happen....whose to say that I'm not standing next to the Silencer right now!" She yelled. "I'm going to do the responsible thing and call the police! Good luck with your instincts." With that, she stopped off but Bryer didn't follow her. She only stretched her hand out in her direction begging her to come back.

The thing is, I didn't trust Allie. Not one bit...nor Madeline. The only people that I trust are Austin and Lyla.

Remember when I said that the Silencer was a close friend? I don't know who the Silencer's accomplice is...so I can only hope that Bryer finds out.

_________________________________________

A/N

Hey Clan!

Hey Clan!

I'm back and the writer's block is finally gone🥳🥳

1118 words!

Do you know who the Silencer is?

What about his accomplice?

Until next time!

Bye-bye!

Love y'all and thank you for 1080 reads! Road to 1100 reads!