Chapter 28 - The Silencer (Part 2)

Allie's P

Allie's P.O.V

"Finally, you guys are here!" I exclaimed to Mr. Comlotte. An entire Swatt team flooded my dorm, raising my concerns. "Why the swat?" I asked.

"If what you said is true, we are dealing with a serial killer, not just a troubled child. This person has killed over ten people, that's mass murder, hence the Swatt." He explained. "Now guys, we head to the forest...get into your positions."

Bryer's P.O.V

"I pity you," I told him. It certainly had the effect I hoped it did as he tilted his head and scrunched his eyes. Everything fell right into place, like a jigsaw puzzle.

He squeezed his grip on the knife, closing in on us. "I wouldn't do that if I were you...after all, you're surrounded," I warned. "So tell me, How does it feel to be her puppet?" I began to laugh hysterically as I recalled being her puppet once until I was awakened to the truth.

"Don't listen to whatever she's saying, brother-"

"Brother?" I interrupted. "What sister kills your friends?" Snickering, I began to circle him, "What sister plans to blame this all on you?" Both of their eyes widened at that, but the sister's eyes held malice.

He looked at her with scrutiny. "What does she mean?"

She seemed to be at a loss for words so I decided to do the right thing. "Oh, I'll tell you, let's start from the beginning shall we?" Lyla, picking up on my signal dashed the door while I took the knife away from the Silencer, roundhouse kicking his accomplice.

Both tried to go after her but Lyla has already opened the door and escaped, slamming it shut behind her.

"Let's go! Bryer is just trying to stall us."

"No...I'd like to hear what she's about to say." Pressing his hand on the door, she glared at him, shoving him but she was unsuccessful.

"It all began when Lyla was kidnapped and you came through the front door all quiet....was that all an act Asher? All the crying, the comfort...everything?" My glare was murderous, but guilt blushed his cheks which had me gunning for more.

"Then I went into your room, so white and pure but what intrigued me was the fact that none of your clothes were unpacked, all were in the same suitcase you arrived with," I continued. Looking into those innocent eyes.

"At first I thought that maybe you're just that type of person but then I remembered when I was in Madeline's room, none of her clothes were unpacked either." I chuckled dryly as I watched the blood drain from Asher's cheeks. "Then that got me thinking, 'Why are they both packed?' And you, you bitch!" I pointed at her, the person that got me interested in this mystery in the first place.

"Madeline, it took me a while to catch you but I did. Something was off about the story you told me on my first day here. You seemed to know the Silencer way better than anyone else..and when Fate died, you cried but you didn't take enough time to mourn," I chortled.